Oklahoma Or Boise St.

you must look at the bigger picture.

Don't get me wrong, it was one of the best games, but the wasn't hyped up.

That game vs. Michigan and OSU was the best ever between the 2. So much on the line, so much hype, so much of everything and it had just as many big plays. Yes there wasnt an overtime, or a 2 point conversion to win the game, but the michigan/osu had much much more on the line.

Nothing on the line in this game. Boise State will get screwed if OSU beats florida.

joshsmith said:
you must look at the bigger picture.

Don't get me wrong, it was one of the best games, but the wasn't hyped up.

That game vs. Michigan and OSU was the best ever between the 2. So much on the line, so much hype, so much of everything and it had just as many big plays. Yes there wasnt an overtime, or a 2 point conversion to win the game, but the michigan/osu had much much more on the line.

Nothing on the line in this game. Boise State will get screwed if OSU beats florida.

Boise State had alot on the line. By winning this game and going undefeated, they will gain the national attention they have been needing. (See Gonzaga in basketball) Hype dosent make a game being good or bad. Just because it was 2 national powerhouses dosent make it a better game. The stature of this game with BSU being a Huge Underdog beating Oklahoma a national powerhouse will make this game just as big as the Michigan OSU because it will bring in people who are not fans of BSU into the mix. THey want to see an underdog achieve. Not only did the underdog achieve they did so in such a miraculous way that it will go down in lore forever. More so than the trick plays it was the back and forth way the game went in the last few minutes and how BSU kept coming back on the 4th downs to achieve another miracle after another.

I know Michigan OSU was an instant classic, I think this will be an all time classic.Not much will top this in college football. Nothing will ever top this as far as BSU is concerned, at least until they get to a national championship game.

Its amazing the BSU won the game the way they did, but you must look at how many things Gonzaga won..

I doubt boise state ever topples an Texas, Florida, an USC, an Ohio State, an Michigan(on a better year).

If Boise State wants to make a name for themselves, they better ship some players to Arizona to help Florida pull off the upset. Thats the only way Boise State gets recognition for the national title.

joshsmith said:
Its amazing the BSU won the game the way they did, but you must look at how many things Gonzaga won..

I doubt boise state ever topples an Texas, Florida, an USC, an Ohio State, an Michigan(on a better year).

If Boise State wants to make a name for themselves, they better ship some players to Arizona to help Florida pull off the upset. Thats the only way Boise State gets recognition for the national title.

Even if OSU loses I dont think they deserve the national Championship. Im saying this was thier final building block to the national spotlight. More people will take them seriously. Im saying this is their biggest highlight as a football program and I think the only way they will have a bigger game is a national championship game. Other than that this will always be their biggest game. I mean come on a team with only 11 years in Division 1-A taking on a team with 8 national titles. They got almost as many titles as BSU has seasons played.

And as far as beating national powerhouses, they did last night. In any given year Oklahoma will be a #1 team along side a FSU, Florida, Miamo, Texas, USC, OSU, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee. Those are the names in College football, and they beat one of those names. Not the biggest upset of all time, but defenitally the biggest upset on that type of stage.

That isnt their first building block, I dont remember how many years the span was, but BSU has one the most games in that span. With OU being second.

sportydude said:
That isnt their first building block, I dont remember how many years the span was, but BSU has one the most games in that span. With OU being second.

Towards a national spotlight? Yes it is. Because this is their biggest bowl game they have ever played. Not only that they won and they proved they can hang. This was their first national test against a top tier opponet and they proved themselves.

kutzy said:
Towards a national spotlight? Yes it is. Because this is their biggest bowl game they have ever played. Not only that they won and they proved they can hang. This was their first national test against a top tier opponet and they proved themselves.
Ok, my bad, didnt see that part.

joshsmith said:
If OSU wins big, then no, the national title would go to OSU.

If florida pulls off the upset, then expect a share.

Ryan, ill bet whatever you want saying florida won't win.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you think Florida will win?

I like Ohio State in that game, if your taking Florida, I've got a wager for you. Since we are both old enough to wager, I'll bet you a FB card min BV $25.00 Auto, and the winner gets to pick what the loser's sig say's for one month.

I will not wager with anyone other then Josh, and Josh I will only wager the above if you can get it cleared with Admin, since betting is not yet allowed on SCF.

joshsmith said:
That was a great game, but it can't be much better then the best college rivalary, playing each other 11-0 and #1 and #2 with the winner having a ticket to the national title game. That game lived up to all of its hype by far.

This game is just a shocker.
Your being biased here. The only way their is a better game this year is if Florida does what Texas did last year.

I dont know what you guys think, but I think this will help with recruiting. I know I have them bookmarked on my interested schools for my recruiting page. Now I just have to see if any schools are interested in my profile :D

The OSU Michigan game was in no way better than this BSU OU game. If you watched the game, michigan really was behind the whole game and made an attempt at the end but it failed. You could see OSU was clearly the better team, while in this game the tide changed so much you couldn't tell. This would have to be the 2nd best college football game ive ever seen, second to the National Championship last year, when Texas knocked off USC :)

Wow, what a Game.

I had Boise State and all i heard was No way that happens, and well guess what.

Rember in David V Gallith ( spellimg) David always win's.

GO Boise

I have a few things to add . I think it was sporty that said this but yeah since 1999 Boise St has the best record and Oklahoma has the 2nd best . This win is also impressive for Boise St. because they joined D-1 in like 1996. I really think they should played some better teams during the season though. They play 2 teams from BCS conferences , Oregon St. and well Oklahoma yesterday

Back