Non Vintage Mail

rexvos

Bench Warmer
:shock:

Still slabbed though.

Ever since I got back into collecting I wanted a nice version of this card.

Finally got a hold of one.

I got it in a few days ago, still wating for the guy to remove it from his registry so I can add it to mine.

1999 Sp Authentic Edgerrin James RC

ejames99spapsa9.jpg

Also got one of his triplets teammates in Monday as well:

mharrison96sppsa9.jpg

Now who wants to lend me about $600.00 so I can complete the trio?

On modern era cards, who decides which is "the" rookie card for the registry?

best non auto-ed non relic card with more than 999 copies.

Typically goes in this order:

1. Sp Authentic
2. Topps Chrome
3. Leaf Rookies and Stars

For example

Hines Ward's best rookie card is generally regarded as his Leaf Rookies and Stars so that is his registry card.

for Priest Holmes it his 1998 Playoff Contenders (not autoed)

Sometimes there is a real curve ball

2 Examples:

1. Kurt Warner - 1999 Pacific card w/ Tony Horne - first hot card of him issued and it got crowned the card to get of him, even though the Bowman's Best should be, the Pacific got the call.

2. Alan Faneca - he was in Press Pass in 98, but not an official card so his first NFL Licecensed card is produced in 2002 Upper Deck XL. That is his rookie for the registry.

Most of the newer stuff is Topps Chrome.

Also there are a few players where the registry used multiple cards:
Terrell Davis (Sp, Select Certified)
Junior Seau (Score Update, Action Packed)
Cortez Kennedy (Score Update, Action Packed)

So not always an exact science, but most of the time the members of the registry decide if there is any controversy.

If TD, Seau or Cortez make the HOF a concensus will be come to on their best rookie card for the Registry.

Thanks. That's interesting. For TD, I'd have to go with Select Certified. That was the card back in the day.

I agree it was. For the Super Bowl MVP and All Time Broncos Set they use the Select Certified, but for the Future HOF set, Annual Rushing Leaders Set, NFL AP MVP, and NFL Offensive POTY they use the SP.

The Sp will eventually get the nod on most sets as Sp/Sp Authentic has been considered the elite rookie cards for about over a decade and a half now.

Back