Baseball Nick Adenhart Killed In Car Accident

bhelser

Bench Warmer
Awful news today. TMZ reports that Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a felony hit-and-run car accident early this morning. Two others were killed in the crash, and the offender was caught and then hospitalized. The 22 year-old had just tossed six scoreless innings the night before, the best performance of his young career.

Nick Adenhard killed in traffic accident

Horrible news

TMZ.com reports that 22-year-old Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a car accident hours after his start Thursday night against the A's.

A local news station, NBC25, has confirmed the report. According to the website: "Cops say someone driving a minivan blew through a red light, causing the Mitsubishi that Adenhart was riding in to hit a light pole. Three people were killed in the crash, including Nick." The van driver reportedly fled the scene before eventually being apprehended, and has been charged with felony hit-and-run. Apr. 9 - 11:18 am et
Source: TMZ.com

Breaking news! LAA Pitcher Nick Adenhart dead!

Got the report from Perez Hilton (who's based out of California)

Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart killed in a felony hit-and-run car accident in Fullerton this morning. 3 people died total.

Taken from http://twitter.com/perezhilton

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody else has said anything about this yet, but didn't see this coming. Reminds me a little bit of Jerimie Gonzalez & his car accident. Pretty sad after pitching 6 shut out innnings just hours before the incident.

it really is a tragedy. He was ONLY 22! had a whole life time ahead :(

prayers and thoughts go out to his family, friends, and teammates.

thanks tigs. I was just doing that.....then it told me it had already been done ;)

He really had special stuff out on the field - but here's to hoping the Angels go out and trounce who ever they play next in honor of him (unless it is the Yankees :p)

Back