Hockey NHL, union meet with mediator for six hours

S

SCF Sports News

The NHL and the NHLPA met with a federal mediator Wednesday in an attempt to resolve the lingering labor dispute that has jeopardized the 2012-13 season.

More...

I'm getting a little tired of all the crap with the pro sports and lock outs/strikes. I'm sure each side has it's position to stand on but who really gets hurt the most with this crap....the fans. A couple of years ago I talked with Joseph Addai, who at the time was playing football with the Colts. I asked him point blank what the problem was with the football lock out and he told me that it all boiled down to money and greed by the owners. Now that was a players perspective but personally I think it comes down to money and greed OVERALL. It was a whole lot different back in the day when players played for love of the game rather than a dollar bill.... Just My Opinion

I hear you, Mike! There's no love for the game anymore. It's nothing but a business, and it's all about the money. Sure there are some players who love the game, and you can tell by their efforts on a nightly basis, but there are far too many who just go through the motions, and what we as fans get is a watered down product, at a rediculous price. The fans get screwed, and neither the players, or owners care. Their attitude is they'll come back when we go back to playing. That may have been true the last time, but I think it's different this time around. Fans are really angry, and sure there are some cities that won't suffer too much by this lockout, but there are several that will. They take us fans for granted, and I think this time their gonna find out they were wrong. Oh, and from what I was told many years ago, Gordie Howe got a team jacket as a signing bonus with Detroit. Now-a-days they get millions of dollars as a signing bonus, and they wonder why there is a problem?

Remember watching the fights on Saturday afternoon and a Hockey game would break out? awwwww... the good ol' days when the players played for the love of the game. Now both sides are so greedy...not sure I'll ever go back to watching Hockey (if they ever get back to playing).

Back