New Guy From Maryland

bettisfan36

Bench Warmer
Hey all! I joined the site a couple or so weeks ago, but haven't posted yet. So just thought I'd take a minute or two to say hello.

I live on MD's Eastern Shore. Started collecting football and baseball with my son in '99, then added Nascar in 2000. Got out of the hobby when he left home in '05; just returned to it three months ago.

I still collect all three sports. Am primarily a set builder, but do have favorites I collect. Baseball: Frank Thomas and Buster Posey (just started the Posey collection and only have 4 cards of his thus far.) Football: Brett Favre, Jerome Bettis, and Edgerrin James. In Nascar, it's Tony Stewart.

I look forward to striking up some trades in the near future! I always ship First Class USPS and use DC.

If you'd be interested in a list of sets I'm working on in all 3 sports, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
Dave in MD

Welcome to the site Dave. If there is anything I or our staff can do to help you please don't hesitate to ask. You'll find us to be a friendly community here and most folks are just as helpful as the staff. I hope you'll consider signing up for the trade contest that begins next month. This one promises to be pretty competitive judging by some of the guys we have trading here.

Welcome to Freaks Dave. We are glad you took the time to introduce yourself and have restarted your collecting. I will see what I can find in "Smoke" cards as well as some of your other wants. I am always looking for autos and game used of St. Louis Cardinals and vintage Cowboys. Sometimes Razorbacks.

Welcome Dave I have a bunch of Farve for trade. Looking for Nolan Ryan in return

Thanks for the welcome! I would love to trade with you for some Favre. Unfortunately, I don't have a single card of Ryan's. I think the oldest card(s) in my collection only goes back to '98 or so. I was looking at some of Ryan's cards in the nearby shop just last week. Right now they're a bit too rich for my blood..lol, but maybe after the holidays I might be able to latch onto something. If I do, you'll be the first one I contact.

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to Freaks Dave. We are glad you took the time to introduce yourself and have restarted your collecting. I will see what I can find in "Smoke" cards as well as some of your other wants. I am always looking for autos and game used of St. Louis Cardinals and vintage Cowboys. Sometimes Razorbacks.

Thanks, Jim. It's great to be here! If you do come up with anything from my wants, I'll sure dig around long and hard to see what I can come up with to trade ya for it! Right now, the only GU I have in baseball is one card of Jay Bruce . . .very slim pickings! Hopefully that'll change this week, though, as I'm about to bust jumbo boxes of 2011 Topps series 1 and 2 (yeah, still catching up for all those years away...lol).

If by chance I get any Cardinal GUs, I'll shout at you.

Take care!
Dave

Welcome to the site Dave. If there is anything I or our staff can do to help you please don't hesitate to ask. You'll find us to be a friendly community here and most folks are just as helpful as the staff. I hope you'll consider signing up for the trade contest that begins next month. This one promises to be pretty competitive judging by some of the guys we have trading here.

I appreciate that! I'll probably be taking you up on it sooner or later..lol..as a fair amount has changed in the hobby since I was away. Eventually, I'm sure I'll need to ask a typical "newbie" or "rookie" type question.

Really nice to be among friendly and helpful folks . .especially ones who share the love for this hobby!

Dave

Welcome to Freaks Dave!

Always glad to meet another set builder.
Unfortunately I only collect Hoops.

Have fun on the site :)

Back