Football Need you opinion

reddakota81

Bench Warmer
I was thinking of setting up a raffle type auction of ebay. This raffle would be for a 1955 Bowman Tom Landry card. This card has some corner wear but overall is a nice card. The hi book value of a near mint is $200, this card is probably worth in the range of $100-$150. I was thinking of setting it up as a buy it now and for $2 you would be buying a chance to win this card. Of course I would scan it and post a pic with the auction and what not. But anyway, I am looking for feedback on this idea and if there is enough interest, I will do it. Let me know what you all think. Thanks alot guys!!!
Have a good one!

good luck with that....especially on ebay...i would be shocked IF you sold 10 tickets....and IF you did I would be evern more shocked if WHEN the people dont win they accuse you are scamming and file a paypal claim....and win...

THAT is why for the STEPHON MARBURY Contest

http://sportscardfreaks.com/forums/...st-group-box-break-starbury-auto-contest.html

I decided to give EVERYONE that participates a game used or auto card....that way I have a tracking # on EVERYONE and they cant say they didnt get ANYTHING and file a claim against me...JUST BECAUSE they didnt win

It's been my experience that online raffles just dont work very well. I raffled off an Iowa turkey hunt one time. Value of $1200.00 and it brought $200.00. It was done to help a person on an outdoors forum that had severe medical problems.

The guy that won was from Oklahoma, he had a great time, but with all the possible scams and fraud. They are hard to sell.

Back