Football Need some advice/ideas

stoked_81

Bench Warmer
Within the next couple of weeks I want to purchase a case of football cards, and dont have any clues on which to get(i havent bought cards in over 3 years). I obviously want more bang for my buck meaning hits. I am looking to spend around $500-$800. any ideas would be helpful. thanks

Watch the SPX 08 Break tomorrow night- if it rocks like it should, pull the trigger. Ask ac-n-mike (Adam) where to buy from, I think D&A Cardworld, but I'm not positive.

Case busting is hardly ever rewarding, just buy your favorite players in the off-season, if you must bust something buy a $100 rookie premier case from 08 you get 700+ rookie year cards and a auto (on average). Anything else buy your lube first you'll need it when your done.

If you insist on a case just look for deals, 2004 & 2008 are the better years IMO.....The best bang for your buck comes from doing your research, start on ebay search for product, search completed listings, find sellers on ebay, go to their websites, email or call them to negotiate a lower price.

My advise is wait until 2009 exquisite football comes out and buy singles when everyone is trying to recoup from their loses and get deals from those who had big hits and don't care about the $50-$200 stuff. It all depends on you though and what you collect and what you like.

Buying singles is the way to go but busting wax is a blast at times. Cases most definitely!

For football I'd check products from 2007-2009, anything before those may have expired redemptions.

I'd say any of these might be good:

2007 Donruss Threads
2007 Leaf RCS & stars
2008 Donruss Threads
2008 Donruss Gridiron Gear
2008 Leaf Limited
2008 Leaf RCS & Stars
2008 UD Masterpieces
2009 Donruss Certified
2009 Donruss Elite
2009 Donruss Gridiron Gear
2009 Donruss Threads

Now I picked these b/c they are around your price ranges and all have multiple hits per box. Blowoutcards have some great prices on cases, wait till their weekend sale starts every Friday through Sunday. You will probably find something that works for you.

Keep us posted

Alright Thanks everyone for your input Ill definetly check out that website and will let you know what I deside to do. thanks again

Yeah, I did know it was blowout... just D&A is in driving distance of me so it's more at the forefront of distributors in my little brain.

2008 Donruss Threads Football Hobby 12 Box Case
2007 Donruss Threads Football Hobby 12 Box Case
2009 Upper Deck SP Signature Football Hobby 20 Box Case
Narrowed my search down to these 3 and im kinda leaning towards the 2007 threads because of AP rc autos. let me know what you think. Now just waiting for tax return

stoked_81 said:
2008 Donruss Threads Football Hobby 12 Box Case
2007 Donruss Threads Football Hobby 12 Box Case
2009 Upper Deck SP Signature Football Hobby 20 Box Case
Narrowed my search down to these 3 and im kinda leaning towards the 2007 threads because of AP rc autos. let me know what you think. Now just waiting for tax return

I'd go with the 2008 Threads Case, price isn't bad at all and that's a great rookie class too :cool:

Well if you have a larger budget I would recommend going with a case of 2008 SP Authentic. If you hit a patch auto for the top stars which you should in a case break probably a couple, they go for 150+ on ebay depending on color and so forth. But it is a gamble you probabaly wont recoup cost, maybe lucky to get around 1/2 - 2/3 on any break is real god.

If you are looking to get a good return on your money and go cheap i would recommend a case of bowman or topps chrome from 2008, around 450 I think and you can sell off all those refractors. Only one auto a box though. But low number refractars sell well.

Like everyone else says stick to singles, unless you got extra money to spend. Imagine the collection you could purchase on ebay with $800 and you are buying it at Street Value so you are getting the best bang for you buck.

whoops I guess I can read, didn't realize you narrowed it down. I would say go with the 08 as well, like bj said much better rookie class to choose from meaning you should get better hits. If you are just going for the AP i would buy the case of 08 and then buy a real nice AP on ebay, the prices of his stuff have dropped alot.

Back