Basketball NBA Trade deadline - what the heck is going on?

tigsfan

Bench Warmer
I'm just surprised at the new world order established here w/ power shifting eastward. Carmelo and Deron will now be in the E.C., while the west had the biggest gain of Kendrick Perkins. Anyways, my winners/losers at the deadline)

Winners (Knicks and Nets don't count in here for me):

Memphis Grizzles - they got rid of Thabeet, which is the best news Memphis has had this year. Not only that, but Battier is not a bad addition. The Mayo-nnaise :p trade would have been great too as getting McRoberts would have been nice, but it still doesn't hurt the efforts.

Oklahoma City Thunder - Mohammed is an OK add, but Robinson and Perkins really put them over the top. They lost Green, which will hurt, but got a much welcomed return on him after he refused the extension. They went from a first round knock out to a potential advancement.

Atlanta Hawks - I liked the price they got Hinrich for, and how he is really going to improve this team for the rest of the year. Washington isn't going anywhere right now, so taking on a down player doesn't hurt them at all.

Charlotte Bobcats, Houston Rockets - I have to mention them just because they were able to cut salary and not greatly hurt their teams.

Losers:

Detroit Pistons - they needed to trade Richard Hamilton out of town, and failed to do so. They are also buried in bad contracts, and could have least got a good DP for McGrady.

Boston Celtics - yes, you have the O'Neal's to help you out, but why would you trade the best C on your team for Jeff Green? This shocked everybody out there, and would have kept him for the playoff run this year.

Chicago Bulls - there was a lot of talk about getting one more piece for the playoff run, but basically did nothing. Anthony Parker would have been a cheap option, and didn't even get him.

Dallas Mavericks - their goal was to move Carol Butler and get his replacement in a swap of expiring contracts - and failed to get J.R. Smith or Tayshaun Prince, or even anybody else. This is not really a failure, but internally Dallas is a loser at the deadline.

LOSERS: Houston Rockets

get rid of Aaron Brooks, Ish Smith and Shane Battier... get some white guy, Thabeet Mr 1.2 pts a game and a 2013 draft pick... WTF?

awful.. just AWFUL

Back