Racing NAPA dumps MWR after Chase scandal

They just are using that as an excuse for them looking for someone else as then surprise in a week or so they will be backing driver X.
Look at all the crap that Busch did and there was talk of them leaving him which never happened.
Then the Nationwide crap please...

I am so fed up with all the BS and drama with Nascar.

Difference between MWR and Busch...

Busch WINS races.

Mikey was a great spokes person for NAPA for years... maybe if only ONE of his cars was "caught cheating" then maybe NAPA would have looked the other way.

Hopefully Aaron's doesn't follow suit!

Agreed and they will give it time.
It's just sad that if you are a winner or in the top five the sponsor is okay with it but if you not then the sponsor drops you. It's all about money..

Last edited:
Chad Knaus has been caught cheating many times, and Lowes didn't drop Jimmie, so it's all about who you are, IMO. Although, I don't condone the actions of Bowyer, and Vickers, we must remember that they were ordered by their superiors to do what they did. It's not in a racers blood to purposely spin, or pit for no reason. They don't hold that sort of mentality, and let's face it, this is not the first time something like this has happened in the past. The timing of the upcoming chase was what made this get blown way out of line. If this happens during week 3, it's a fine, and probabtion, and nothing more. Had MWR handled this better, they may still have NAPA as a sponsor? What should he have done? He should have fired Ty Norris, who was the guy who made those orders from above. That would have made a huge difference, but then again, maybe the orders came through him via Michael himself? I guess we'll never know?

Back