MY my how the mighty have fallen

Card collectors are worse that stock investors. Prices move up and down on the smallest crap. You really think Tomlinson is done?

I don't think any way he's done. It just amazes me how much this card fell already this year. I thought it would be years before they dropped to this level, last year you couldn't get a plain white patch for under 700 & now nice three colors are going for under 400. Very very gld I waited to finish my set :D. I feel bad for the sellers & really don't understand why people are selling at these prices but I'm gonna jump on one soon.

I think it comes from playing on the West Coast for a team without a huge fan base/tradition. Plus, the fact that many collectors (and sports fans in general) only remember events that happened in the past two weeks doesn't help, either.

At this point in his career, LT's stats are better than any RB in history (minus the 0 SB rings). His long-term value may be affected if he doesn't win a ring and because he's in San Diego. But his stats should be top-3, if not #1.

Pretty much sums it up- for most collectors and hype buyers the player is only as good as his last game.

I think it's hard to say where LT will wind up when he's done in football. I hate to ever predict someone will be the best ever or even be mentioned in that sentence as injuries can play such a huge part of things. Look at a guy like Terrell Davis. During those Bronco Super Bowls he was being regarded as a sure fire hall of famer and going to challenge for that title and the train can get derailed pretty darn fast.

has the vick done?...none on the recenly completed

:dance: that was my next question,that's gotta suck for some folks but to me that card was always way overpriced because he never really did anything significant in the NFL. And for the longest he was suppose to be the next coming of Joe Montana,anywhoo & I expected this to and told a couple people that Brady's Contenders should be valued more and guess what,Vick has fallen and Brady tripled as of late:doh: After I sold most of mine:(

I think it's hard to say where LT will wind up when he's done in football. I hate to ever predict someone will be the best ever or even be mentioned in that sentence as injuries can play such a huge part of things. Look at a guy like Terrell Davis. During those Bronco Super Bowls he was being regarded as a sure fire hall of famer and going to challenge for that title and the train can get derailed pretty darn fast.

I agree... especially at RB. One play and he could be done. But he's currently in the top-25 all time in rushing/receiving combined and I think he's 7th in total TDs.
If he can stay healthy for just the next season-and-a-half, he should be celebrating his 30th birthday as #3 on the TD list, and top-10 on the yardage list.

Back