Racing Morgan Shepherd (71) to try to qualify for Sprint Cup

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Seriously? This is SAD... at 71 his reflexes alone keep him from being a safe driver at the speeds that these cars will be traveling.

Not to mention this guy has NOT ran a Sprint Cup race since 2006!

jayski.com reports:

Morgan Shepherd is set to become the oldest driver to start a NASCAR Sprint Cup race this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The 71-year-old Shepherd is listed as the driver of the #52 Toyota owned by Bob Keselowski. There are 43 cars listed on the preliminary entry list that NASCAR released Monday. Unless there are any additions, every car will make the field for Sunday's Camping World RV Sales 301. He would surpass Jim Fitzgerald as the oldest starter in a Cup race. Fitzgerald was 65 years, 6 months, 20 days when he ran at Riverside, Calif., in June 1987. He finished 17th. Shepherd last ran a Cup race in Sept. 2006 at New Hampshire, finishing 42nd. He's run in four Nationwide races this season with a best finish of 35th at Talladega and Kentucky.

A little long-in-the-tooth to be racing in a Sprint Cup. Like you said, reflexes are going to be a bit slower, and the physical nature of this is tougher on older people with their more brittle bones and harder arteries. The dehydration-factor might keep him from having to pee every five laps or so though, so that's a plus.

Still, he'd probably run laps around me. ;)

Oh, the jokes they could write-up about this.

I mean, he should consider the people behind him, wondering if he'll ever turn off his left blinker. "It's distracting!"

Or the idea that he's going around in circles looking for the local Country Buffet...

...(in old man's voice) ..."Where the heck is it?"

He could pull next to someone and ask.

And of course, the audio would be nothing but swears about the "young punks" and their crazy driving.

...Now that one sounds like me lol

Back