Mike from Texas

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Since I've just acquired SCC I thought I it'd be a good idea for me to reintroduce myself, for those of you who don't know me.

My name is Mike. I'm from a little podunk, middle of nowhere, town of under 10k people in north Texas.

I've collected cards off and on since I was in school. Although my collecting focuses change throughout the years, what hasn't changed is my joy of collecting cards. My focus has mostly revolved around player collecting, but I've gone off the wall a few times on some other things too. Right now I'm back to player collecting.

As of this writing, obviously, I'm focused on Vince Carter graded rookies. Vince Carter has long been my favorite player. When he came onto the scene I was just getting started playing high school basketball so, naturally, I took a big liking to the best dunker I'd ever seen.

At that same time was when Jason Williams was dazzling everyone with his sick crossovers and never seen before no-look passes. So, of course, I took a big interest in him too.

After graduation I quit collecting for a while until I found TradingCardCentral. I ended up joining a group break there, with my Spurs, getting a few Tony Parker cards from the breaks and kicked off yet another player collection. This time I had a job though! So, off I went on my Tony Parker collection, amassing over 300 different cards in under a few years.

I still collect all three of those guys, but I've narrowed the focus to just rookies, specifically graded rookies.

Not long after I joined the TCC team the owner went missing and things took a downhill turn, activity wise. Since I couldn't be certain the forum wouldn't just suddenly die causing me to lose contact with the folks I'd met through the years in this hobby, I decided to start my own forum. So TradingCardZone was born. I made a lot of changes over the years and eventually ended up changing the name to SportsCardU. The plan was to start doing informational videos, and threads, for new collectors. Life got in the way and that never happened.

My life has slowed down tremendously without having a high schooler at home who's involved in everything so I'm once again dialed in to my 2nd favorite hobby, which is building websites. I've already began working, once again, on old features I started on years ago. The plan was to unleash them at SCU to help turn it around. Then I had the opportunity to purchase SCC. So, I rolled the dice, acquired SCC, and will soon start the process of building both communities up, together.

With all of your help, that's exactly what we'll do!

Howdy, you know that I have to give you a hard time though about your impressive Football auto trade list but no baseball love.

Howdy, you know that I have to give you a hard time though about your impressive Football auto trade list but no baseball love.

I do have a few baseball autos, but it's only a handful and they're not that great. I'll get those added to a list soon. It's funny how my collection overall collection does not match my life. These days I tend to watch a lot more college football than NFL, but I don't like to collect college cards. The only exception to this would be Vince Carter in his UNC uniform. I watch a lot more baseball than football, but my collection is WAY heavier in football than anything else. I probably watch basketball less than anything else, and my main PC focus is on 3 basketball players. 🤦‍♂️

I do have a few baseball autos, but it's only a handful and they're not that great. I'll get those added to a list soon. It's funny how my collection overall collection does not match my life. These days I tend to watch a lot more college football than NFL, but I don't like to collect college cards. The only exception to this would be Vince Carter in his UNC uniform. I watch a lot more baseball than football, but my collection is WAY heavier in football than anything else. I probably watch basketball less than anything else, and my main PC focus is on 3 basketball players. 🤦‍♂️
Just know that if you have any Rickey Henderson or Sean Casey cards, I can probably find them a good home where they will be loved and cared for.

Just know that if you have any Rickey Henderson or Sean Casey cards, I can probably find them a good home where they will be loved and cared for.

I don't have any, but if I do happen across any, I know just where to look.

Hey Mike. I guess I've been around a while on the site but not very active. I spend most of my time on SportCardForum (SCF). They were just bought by someone as well. Well. Just wanted to say hi and see what was up. Thanks Rich

Hey Mike. I guess I've been around a while on the site but not very active. I spend most of my time on SportCardForum (SCF). They were just bought by someone as well. Well. Just wanted to say hi and see what was up. Thanks Rich

Hey Rich, I did see that. I'm a member there too, although I rarely check in anymore. The same guy also bought FCB.

Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully we'll see you around here a little more often. I'm working on some big things for the site so be sure to check back with us to find out what those are.

Back