Michael Thompson Leads US Open. Tiger in 2nd

Leafsfan1967

Bench Warmer
STORY: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/exp...--golf.html;_ylt=AjHqt9MERbhI_5ZEbcmrj701YgM6

SCORES: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/leaderboard

aac61809f8e39754600e98f08385cc34-getty-511698227.jpg

The little baby woke the house up this morning.
My wife and I gave each other the "you please... let me sleep" look.

Then I remembered US Open was on.
I bolted out bed, grabbed the baby.

Somehow I was able to change nappy, feed the baby while watching golf on TV :D

That was an impressive round by Thompson.

It's amazing how many big names could of used a nappy change today the scores they posted? I follow golf fairly good, but I can honestly say I have never heard of Thompson. I'm kind of pulling for Casey Martin. If you remember way back years ago he was the golfer with a disability who was told he could not use a golf cart on the PGA tour. He kind of vanished from tour after that, and became a golf instructor. It was a nice story he was able to qualify for the Open. He shot a +4 today, which is better than a lot of the big guys.

Yeah what the heck happened to Luke Donald today????

I was pulling for Casey Martin today.
It would be nice if he made the cut.

You tell me who Thompson is lol
I have no clue either :D

Look at some of the notables' scores today. :eek::eek: That -4 posted by Thompson is absolutely incredible.

Lee Westwood +3
Charl Schwartzel +3
Sergio Garcia +3
Padraig Harrington +4
Reteif Goosen +5
Dustin Johnson +5
Vijay Singh +5
Ernie Els +5
Phil Mickelson +6
Adam Scott +6
Steve Stricker +6
Geoff Ogilvy +6
Rory McIlroy +7
Zach Johnson +7
Bubba Watson +8
Luke Donald +9

Westwood only ended up with +3??
At one stage it looked like he was going to have a blowout too.

Maybe we will have a first time major winner again.

My money's on Thompson shooting a +10 today, and Tiger going -2 for the lead. ;)

Yeah even odds on Thompson shooting 80 ;)

Not sure about Tiger making a move.
He has to play in the afternoon in the second round.

If he shoots -1 again... that would be more impressive than his round today.

How about Whatney?
Lots of luck going his way today.
Albatross, chip in and what else!

Lots of big names within reach. Tiger, Toms, Whatney, Rose, McDowell, Kuchar, Poulter, and Furyk. Par today will be a good score. I'm gonna say Tiger shoots 71, or 72 today.

I have Mahan in a U.S. Open pool but dammit,I'm still rooting for Tiger. That Beau kid has made one helluva showing the last couple days though.

I bet on Kuchar @ 30-1, Kaymer @50-1, Stricker @40-1 and Oosthuisen @50-1 this week....so hoping Kuchar and Stricker can keep it up. Although if they don't win and make me money then GO TIGER!!!

I love that some of the big names were saying that this course is too hard for them. It's not too often that someone can win a tournament being overpar (except the British) and this one is shaping up that way. Crazy that there is a 520 yard par 4, that just doesn't seem fair. Also a 670 yard par 5 is just too long lol. My early fathers day present this afternoon is i get to stay home and watch the open while the wife and 2 kids go to a kids party. I got the steak marinating and the sides ready and beer on ice!

Back