Max Scherzer tells the Tigers "No Deal"?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Reports say that the Detroit Tigers offered Scherzer a long-term contract, at $24 Million per year, but Scherzer said no.

Scherzer's agent has said that Scherzer gave a proposal to the Tigers, but they turned it down.

Come on Mad Max! We NEED you in the Big D!

He turned down $144m for 6 years. I do not know how much more he expects to get given the recent big deals for pitchers that have turned out to not be so good. But I think this will be his last year wearing the olde English D. :(

He turned down $144m!! Wow, well maybe he has a reason beyond our reach, but that is a lot of money. Not sure what kind of deal he is looking for when one is slapping him in the face. A big one too!

Pretty big mistake. If I'm not mistaken, this was one of the biggest contracts ever offered to a pitcher. I seriously doubt anyone offers him more in FA. I'm not so sure you could even call him a top 5 pitcher in baseball.

Wow, he's crazy. I would have taken that deal in a heartbeat. He's gotten too picky lol.

the majority of the time it's the player's AGENT that gets too picky. When an agent gets about 20 to 30 percent... you would think Scherzer's agent would say take the $24 million per year... that would give the agent roughly $5 million per year. I think I could live on that!

the majority of the time it's the player's AGENT that gets too picky. When an agent gets about 20 to 30 percent... you would think Scherzer's agent would say take the $24 million per year... that would give the agent roughly $5 million per year. I think I could live on that!
I agree...I think he is crazy for turning down the money.

Back