Manny Ramirez

I don't see a difference. I've seen many WR showboat in the endzone when their team was losing. It's all the same. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but it is the same.

Agreed....and I might be wrong but didn't Plaxico high step his way into the end zone a few games ago? I have nothing wrong with him, I'm just trying to say that Manny isn't the only one.

However, he is the only one who doesn't talk to the media for three years then finally says "It's not the end of the world if we don't win." :doh:

Agreed....and I might be wrong but didn't Plaxico high step his way into the end zone a few games ago? I have nothing wrong with him, I'm just trying to say that Manny isn't the only one.

However, he is the only one who doesn't talk to the media for three years then finally says "It's not the end of the world if we don't win." :doh:

I was just about to mention this to add to why he is an idiot. He also said that "there is always next year" and other dumb comments. Must be great to know your best player has given up.

You are missing my point on the high stepping and endzone dances. My point was that it is more frequently done in football and somewhat more acceptable. In baseball there aren't a ton of players who you know will showboat at the plate. It's less frequent and it pisses people off. You are really showing up the pitcher specifically when in football they are mostly just playing to the crowd, unless of course they are taunting the opponent. That's a penalty and I would equate "taunting" in football to posing at home plate after a big swing.

Barry and Manny are the only players I can think of that do it almost every time.

Bonds' post-HR walk should have its own plaque in Cooperstown. Truly legendary. :D

As for Manny's trot, who cares. Aramis Ramirez, Soriano, Ken Griffey Jr. (yes, his counts if the others do), all the way down to guys who can't hit HR's worth a damn are cadillac-ing out of the box around the bases. I saw some pitcher this year fling the damn bat like 10 feet and do some hop step after he went yard, lol. If you take exception to it, throw at the guy in the back in the next AB and serve him proper notice there. It's been around forever, I mean, look at Reggie Jackson like 30 years ago. He was doing the same thing. Nothing new to see here, just another media story since this series is just about done.

just saw the highlights from last nights game...nice single manny :roflmao: seriously its been told since little league, ALWAYS run out a flyball...when he hit it i didnt think it was gone and he walked to first base and started argueing the call :doh:

just saw the highlights from last nights game...nice single manny :roflmao: seriously its been told since little league, ALWAYS run out a flyball...when he hit it i didnt think it was gone and he walked to first base and started argueing the call :doh:

Yeah he should have run...but in his defense, he intentionally put his head down after hitting and didn't start cheering prematurely, and I believe it was a HR...

Yeah he should have run...but in his defense, he intentionally put his head down after hitting and didn't start cheering prematurely, and I believe it was a HR...
That doesn't excuse him from not running it out. It was far from a no-doubter, so there's no excuse for him not to be on second base.

I mean, come on. David Ortiz (bum knee and all), scored from first base on the play because he was running hard. Would it kill ManRam to put just a little effort in sometimes?

Luckily for the BoSox, it didn't hurt them.

Back