Louisville drops out of coaches' top 10

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Louisville dropped eight spots in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll after its upset loss to Western Kentucky on Sunday, plummeting from No. 3 to No. 11.

Michigan State also fell from the top 10, dropping from six spots from No. 6 to No. 12 after losing to Maryland in the Old Spice Classic.

Those top 10 exits opened the door for Oklahoma (No. 6) and UCLA (No. 9) to join the top 10 teams in the nation.

North Carolina remained the No. 1 team in the country with all 31 first-place votes. The Tar Heels are followed by No. 2 UConn, No. 3 Pittsburgh, No. 4 Duke and No. 5 Gonzaga.

The rest of the top 10 includes the aforementioned Sooners followed by Notre Dame, Texas, UCLA and Purdue.

The only newly ranked team this week is the Syracuse Orange, who entered the poll at No. 20. Marquette fell out of the poll from the 15th spot after losing to Dayton.

I know some U of L fans that must be very sick to see there team lose. especially when U of K won the Las Vagas Tournament. I love it.

I know rankings typically dont mean squat but Syracuse is 20th after beating Florida and Kansas (in KC) on back to back nights then UVa a few nights later?? 20th??? I figured top 15.

That' just cold, guys! As for UK, you can bet on them extending their Final Four drought!! Can't wait for the big game in January. I'm sure the team that was on the floor against Western will NOT be the same team when UK comes to town. I'll take these early season losses, just as long as they are strong down the stretch.

Back