Long and bumpy road brings me here...

CommodoreCountry

Bench Warmer
Hey guys... If you've been wondering where I'm at, It's been a long, rough ride.

The long and short of it is, I lost my card business in the recession. I got left holding the bag for about $35,000 in bad debts on wax that I gave out on credit. People stopped paying and I got burned real bad.

I got divorced and that forced me to have to sell pretty much all of my collection with the exception of a few autographed baseballs and some Vanderbilt items of sentimental value.

Well, that was about 10 months ago, so now I'm starting to get back on my feet again. I opened a new business and it is booming, so I'm hoping to get back into the collecting aspect of cards. (I think I'm done making a living off them, though!)

Anyway, I hope to try to make my presence known around these parts from here on. You all have always been tremendous friends and I've missed you. Not having the money to participate in the hobby really made me want to stay away, but things are turning up and I hope to start picking up a few things here and there now.

Anyway, that's my story... and I'm sticking too it.

-Rob

I had been wondering about you. Sorry to hear about the card business. Hopefully that bad debt didn't attach to you individually. What's the new business?

Welcome back Rob! Sorry to hear about the troubles, but hopefully the road ahead is smoother and better. Glad to see you back and good luck with the new biz!

I had been wondering about you. Sorry to hear about the card business. Hopefully that bad debt didn't attach to you individually. What's the new business?

Yep, I had to pay back every bit of it. That's what hurt so bad!

I'm doing a brand new network marketing business selling nutrition products online. I'm actually going to be appearing on the Showtime network about it - the episode airs this summer.

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear things are improving for you. Life's a beech for many right now. Sucks that people left you hanging hopefully things will get better for them also & you can get paid back soon.

I've seen things improving for my business lately so maybe just maybe things are gonna get better for all of us sometime soon. Nice to see you around again hope to run into you around town, hang in there.

Glad to see you back Rob! Sucks about everything that's happened to you recently but I'm glad things are turning around for you.

Like Brian said, I was wondering what cave you had fallen into.

Sorry about the b.s. that's gone on, but, there's only one way to go. Up !!! :D

Back