Hockey Leafs Vs. Oilers Game Day Thread!

shephech

Awesome Dude
Start Time: 9:00 PM , Puck drop around 9:05.

More Updates To Come.

GO LEAFS GO!!!! :).

Shep:)

EDIT:

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Edmonton Oilers
6-6-4 16 Points 8-6-1 17 Points

Starting Goalies:

Vesa Toskala Jeff Drouin-Deslaurier

Line-Ups:

LEAFS
Kulemin-Grabovski-Hagman
Ponikarovsky-Stajan-Antropov
White-Steen-Blake
Mayer-Moore-Tlusty

Schenn-Finger
Kubina-Kaberle
Stralman-Colaiacovo

Vesa Toskala

OILERS
Moreau-Gagner-Hemsky
Pisani-Horcoff-Cole
Penner-Cogliano-Pouliot
Nilsson-Brodziak-Stortini

Souray-Visnovsky
Strudwick-Staios
Grebeshkov-Gilbert

Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers

Game will be broadcasted on Leafs TV, or you may be able to find it on Justin.tv - Live Streaming Video

Thanks.

Shep :)

Update After 2 periods of play:

Buds-3
Oilers-2

Goals By:
Gagner(EDM), Kaberle(TOR), Kulemin(TOR), Moreau(EDM), Antropov(TOR).

Thanks.

Freakin Gagner scored... ughh.. Good for the Leafs to get that W though... DAMN Just saw the highlights on that monster hit, who got nailed ?

That was Dominic Moore, I believe it was a dirty hit...... He did not have the puck for one and two has at the head.

Then Scheen went after him and he skated away, then Mayers again skated away..... I am kinda getting angry! Scortini should be held accountable and we should have a heavyweight to go after him like Montreal has BGL :).

Yeah good win but Scourtini should have been laid out and recieved some punishment.

Thanks.

shephech said:
That was Dominic Moore, I believe it was a dirty hit...... He did not have the puck for one and two has at the head.

Then Scheen went after him and he skated away, then Mayers again skated away..... I am kinda getting angry! Scortini should be held accountable and we should have a heavyweight to go after him like Montreal has BGL :).

Yeah good win but Scourtini should have been laid out and recieved some punishment.

Thanks.

I have a few questions for you and I don't mean to rehash old topics so you don't have to answer the second one by no means.

1) Where do you live ?
2) Do you feel that the Hit Tom Kostopolous put on Van Ryn was in fact "dirty" ?

Sarnia, Ontario on border of Michigan.

Hmmm hard to say Tom could have let up and Mike did turn at the very last second I believe he thought about stopping going in the other direction but the NHL determined it was an illegal hit and I believe it was. Did he mean to do it? I don't think so at all I don't believe he has a past like that and he did not even fight back when Coli came at him and he knew he made a no-no and appologized after the fact and good on him.

Now tonite Moore shot the puck away and 1 sec later he gets plowed without the puck and the shoulder into the head (Yes a head shot lol) and I believe it was an illegal hit also.

***** we lose Van Ryn for up to 6 weeks :( but glad moore did not get hurt.

Thanks.

shephech said:
Sarnia, Ontario on border of Michigan.

Hmmm hard to say Tom could have let up and Mike did turn at the very last second I believe he thought about stopping going in the other direction but the NHL determined it was an illegal hit and I believe it was. Did he mean to do it? I don't think so at all I don't believe he has a past like that and he did not even fight back when Coli came at him and he knew he made a no-no and appologized after the fact and good on him.

Now tonite Moore shot the puck away and 1 sec later he gets plowed without the puck and the shoulder into the head (Yes a head shot lol) and I believe it was an illegal hit also.

***** we lose Van Ryn for up to 6 weeks :( but glad moore did not get hurt.

Thanks.

Ok Thanks... I was just wondering what you thought because I've gotten into an argument over the subject many times and most of them Leaf fans, all believed that it was a "dirty" play; Meaning TK tried to injure Van Ryn on purpose but I really don't think he did and I feel bad for both of them for even having to be in the position. Tom is a stand-up guy though, he came right out and apologized, even made a phone call to Van Ryn.

I just watched the Moore hit but from a really far angle so I couldn't judge whether or not I saw an elbow but I believe the NHL rule states you can hit a player within 3 seconds after they get rid of the puck.

Back