Kinda cool ... for me anyway

XianSPL

Prospect
Transactions: 3
So I wrote this blog entry last week, reminiscing about the one card I've sold for the most money in my life. It's a card that isn't worth much at all today. In that blog entry, I stated that I found one online for $5 and left it at that. Well tonight, I decided to see if I could find it again and sure enough, there it was. So I bought it.

This is the first time I've bought a card because it has a story for me. It's actually a really cool feeling. I didn't collect when I was a kid. It was more when I was an older teenager and only for a couple years. I don't have a lot of memories of cards. Sure, some memories come back when looking at old '89 Hoops and Skybox cards but I didn't really collect football or basketball back then so I don't have that exposure.

I know a lot of people like to collect older cards because it reminds them of a time in the past. This is the first time I've gotten that feeling. I can't wait to get it in the mail ... to be able to say, "I remember you. You made me a lot of money back in the day." I think it'll be a great (albeit random) part of my PC.

I also got a pretty good deal on an eBay auction today that I can't wait to tell you guys about. Gonna wait until it comes in the mail though so I can scan/post it when I tell you. I'm excited about that too!

Which one? lol

The one I sold for a bunch and wrote the blog about was that Wild Card Kenny Anderson that I have the picture of in the blog.

The other card ... well ... it hasn't come in the mail yet. ;)

Back