Football Kevin Smith and his Mouth

bluebug73

Bench Warmer
Wow so was watchin Rome is Burnin on espn, and had a segment showing kevin smith Saying that "dont matter how many games we win we WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS this year" :eek:

any thoughts on this statement other then then obvious BLAHAHAHAHAH
:)

Not dissin on smith, just think its a bit premature to go on saying things like that, lets focus on a single WIN first. :):box:

Yah with the Bears and Vikings upgrades to their offense i honestly think they have NO chance at the playoffs. Like you said they should concentrate on jut getting wins and worry about the playoffs in 2010-2011. I mean yes the got Stafford and if hes all hes suppose to be then they will definately more competitive and yes they have calvin and kevin, but it was their defense that couldnt hold leads last year and the same will happen again until they address the issues on defense.

If you don't have that mindset why play?

It doesn't matter that the Lions went 0-16 last year. There were at least 5 of those games that were lost by a TD or less.

The Lions only got whooped twice that I can think of without checking the stats. Atlanta and Tennesee.

I am not saying that they are going to make the playoffs, but of course as a Lions fan I do hope they will.

I guess this is probably the mindset of most true Detroit Lions fans...."I don't expect them to do good, but I hope they do". The key word is probably hope. It can happen. I am not talking about "Angels in the Endzone" or anything like that LOL.

But remember, the Tigers a few years ago went from worst to first and went all the way to the Championship.

And anyone who ever watches the Lions knows that there are games where a bad penalty or a dropped pass is all that costs the game.

Winning starts with a winning attitude and anyone who has played team sports knows that LOSING *****!!! The Lions look good on paper right now. They have alot of talented players and if they have the right offense and defensive schemes they can win some games.

Do I think it is possible for the Lions to make the playoffs? Yes I do. Is it likely? Probably not.

That is coming from a true Detroit Lions fan. They were 6-2 a few years ago before losing the rest. They were also 4-0 last Pre-Season.....:party3:

Face it, Kitna sucked. He was a system QB fit for the Martz offense. The O-Line was never stellar. The players starting for the Lions OL probably wouldn't be starters on any other team in the NFL except maybe Backus or Raiola.

Tampa 2 Defense obviously wasn't the right fit for the players in it. Lets see how Ernie Sims, Larry Foote and Julian Peterson are as the LBs. I would say thats a pretty solid group wouldn't you??

Also, Michael Gaines was the starting TE. He had very costly fumbles last season....I think he signed with the Bears recently. Pettigrew is the new TE and from what I hear he could be a BEAST. 6-5 and can stretch the field and block well.

Also got a beast Safety from WMU. This guy is gonna knock some lights out. Delmas is his name. Check Youtube for highlights, he lays the lumber!!

Enough from me cause I could keep going LOL.

GO LIONS!!!

Thanks
Mike

Back