IQless1's Intro and Info

IQless1

Bench Warmer
Hey all,

I started collection cards while working at a retail store that sold 'em. I never made much money, and kept a tight budget of what I'd spend, but amassed quite a few cards. To date, and although I haven't collected in years, I have somewhere in the range of 50 to 60 thousand...if I had to guess....but it could be much more than that, maybe close to a hundred thousand?

Who knows lol

I started listing some on another site, but so far I only have about 12 or 13 thousand baseball listed, and virtually little else. I do have a lot of football though, and intend to list them...someday lol

I also have a sizable amount of basketball, some racing and hockey, as well as tons of "entertainment" cards (movies, TV, etc.). I have a near-complete set of all the ST-TNG Seasons cards (seasons 1-7)...I have all the base cards and all the inserts, except for the expensive (and hard to find) hologram cards. I can tell you with certainty: in some seasons, they did NOT seed the holograms into the boxes at the stated ratios, otherwise I'd have a dozen of them instead of just the one.

I do have lots of sets that I could trade or sell, including these ST-TNG seasons and some sports sets, but most are not worth much, aside from the seasons sets, which I keep in a binder for presentation. They really nailed that lol

If I trade, I prefer not to have to pay shipping, but would be willing to trade for low-end autographs and memorabilia, as long as shipping is accounted for. That can be accomplished if we trade multiple cards, like a dozen or more. Single cards isn't worth my time, as I'm not wealthy, and can't afford to be spending money on cards anymore, but if you spring for shipping, I'd consider it. I'm not looking to get wealthy off these cards, and not terribly interested in getting rid of them, so bear that in mind. Cherry-picking is allowed, but at a price. ;) I'm reasonable, and fair, I just don't want to spend money I don't have lol

I do have some mid-range cards. Topps Pristine (and Legends) comes to mind, since they cost $30 a pack. I bought maybe a dozen or so of them a decade or so ago. Best hits out of those are probably a Shaq auto and an Emmitt Smith Patch, plus some rookies that may or may not be worth anything now. I don't really want to sell or trade those though. My most valuable card is probably a Jeff Gordon Press Pass Signings, which lists (or listed at one time) for $200.00.

I tried to buy as many boxes of Crown Royale football as I could find where I worked, from the years 1995-97. As such, I have some decent cards from those years. Later years got weird, so I only bought a box here and there, 2001 being one of them.

But usually I bought the lower-end boxes, 1990 Donruss baseball, 1991 Bowman, etc. They were cheap back then, anyway...probably still pretty cheap today lol

I do have some older cards, but I sold most of my late-60's/early 70's football cards lonnnng ago, for a few bucks. I looked them up a few years ago and saw they were going for hundreds of dollars each. I had intended to keep them, but my family needed moving money, so I sold them, and my comics (early Spider-Man, variously #'d 20-50) for about $500 in the early 80's. I was a teenager...forgive me my sin lol

I don't have any current price guides, as the format of them changed to focus on newer cards, and they ignore the older cards for the most part. I don't have a subscription to Beckett or anything, but I am on another site, Zistle, which does list maybe 15 thousand cards from my collection...mostly baseball...'cause that's what I got to listing first lol...Eventually I'll list my football, basketball, hockey, and racing cards there. I don't see an easy way to do that here, besides writing them all in lists.

Thanks. :)

I don't know much about newer issued cards, but there are some things about the 90's stuff that I can weigh-in on.

I do have some Hockey autographs that I don't know much about, and need info on, but I'll do that later...and in the Hockey thread.

Until then...whatever Pete told you about me is a complete and utter lie...

...asterisk.

(coughs)

Thanks. Since you're a hockey-guy, you may have info on my hockey autos, though I probably don't have any you'd be interested in, really. I'll get to making a thread about them soon, but what I remember right now is that they were from some odd set from the early to mid-90's. The ones I have from the set are all autos, all numbered. I saw them on eBay, thought they looked kinda cool, and got them all (as a few lots) for maybe ten bucks lol

Thanks. Since you're a hockey-guy, you may have info on my hockey autos, though I probably don't have any you'd be interested in, really. I'll get to making a thread about them soon, but what I remember right now is that they were from some odd set from the early to mid-90's. The ones I have from the set are all autos, all numbered. I saw them on eBay, thought they looked kinda cool, and got them all (as a few lots) for maybe ten bucks lol
I would be happy to look them up for you when you post them!

I scanned the first card and created a list of the cards I have. I'll make a thread in Hockey about 'em to see if the images post good or not.

See ya there. ;)

Back