Just read this in Sportingnews

Brad

Bench Warmer
The JETS have depth issues at wide receicer. Tim Dwight (foot) opened camp on the physically unable to preform list, and Brad Smith has been switched to quarterback, his college position. Rookie Chansi Stuckey, a seventh-round pick, now could be a factor in the slot

:dance: That is news I like to hear. Jason, how does this affect your Brad Smith collection?

Dumb to take Smith out of there IMO. Actually, beyond dumb. You have Pennington, who has to be the starter because they can't win with anyone else, then you have a first day pick as his backup. So they are basically taking away a very versatile and dangerous weapon to make him a backup QB who will never see the field.

Thanks Mangenius :cheers::clap::dance::salut:

Dumb to take Smith out of there IMO. Actually, beyond dumb. You have Pennington, who has to be the starter because they can't win with anyone else, then you have a first day pick as his backup. So they are basically taking away a very versatile and dangerous weapon to make him a backup QB who will never see the field.

Thanks Mangenius :cheers::clap::dance::salut:

I thought it was pretty stupid too. But, it seems Stuckey will get some good Playing Time.

Or is B-Smith's move to QB worse news for Kellen Clemens? If they feel the need to move Smith into contention for the back up QB role is it because they have no confidence in Clemens development?

I agree, Smith would be better served getting experience at WR and developing more like Randel El did.

I was under the impression that Clemens was the heir apparent and Smith was a project as a WR. Certainly i think either one of them (or both?) is not performing.

Back