Football Just got this! Check it out

KolbySmith21

#1 Kolby Smith collector
Well my uncle is a good friend of Brian Calhoun's wife so he got me an auto of him. It is very cool because it is "player issued" and is in black ink with his full signature. Do you think that this could be a 1/1? Scans of the card are below...

Front of card...
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172/Chiefs2007/Football/Calhounauto.jpg

Back of card...
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172/Chiefs2007/Football/back.jpg

Also how much $ do you think that this could bring in an Ebay auction? Here are some past ones that have sold that are not as good as mine.

Regular version-Blue ink, short auto
eBay: BRIAN CALHOUN RARE 2006 TOPPS PHOTO SHOOT ROOKIE AUTO (item 330021020067 end time Jun-18-07 13:58:11 PDT)

Red ink #/10-Short auto, red ink
eBay: 2006 TOPPS ROOKIE PREMIERE RED INK AUTO BRIAN CALHOUN (item 270096906072 end time Jul-04-07 14:40:09 PDT)

Player issued cards were not signed coming out of the factory and were NOT intended to ever be signed.

Becketts Dec 06' issue had a article about the Topps Rookie Premiere Auto Fakes ... Based on the magizine article I think Topps should be cracking down on players who are actually signing this product. Further considering that history I would say its probably not worth as much as the ones which were factory "certified" ... the "player issue" really brings the value down imo.

coltstopps said:
Player issued cards were not signed coming out of the factory and were NOT intended to ever be signed.

Becketts Dec 06' issue had a article about the Topps Rookie Premiere Auto Fakes ... Based on the magizine article I think Topps should be cracking down on players who are actually signing this product. Further considering that history I would say its probably not worth as much as the ones which were factory "certified" ... the "player issue" really brings the value down imo.
Wow.....ok they give players blank cards just to keep. Uhh...well a other article said that they only give them 25 and they are to be handed out to friends, family, heck any one! And why would they care if they are being signed they all ready get enough fricken money they dont need to care about 1 card. I thought that it was nice and that I would show some people and see what they thought. But I guess that this card is just another base that needs to be set in a crappy card board box.

Yah Topps said they didn't intend for these cards to be signed and didnt expect them to get into the hands of collectors. They said they are going to redo the card line in 2007 to prevent it from happening again.

The article closed saying if you find a signed card that says "player issue" stay away from it.

Course if you know its real; its a great personal keepsake; just prolly not worth much on the open market.

coltstopps said:
Yah Topps said they didn't intend for these cards to be signed and didnt expect them to get into the hands of collectors. They said they are going to redo the card line in 2007 to prevent it from happening again.

The article closed saying if you find a signed card that says "player issue" stay away from it.

Course if you know its real; its a great personal keepsake; just prolly not worth much on the open market.
yah man i hear you

First of all if i got one signed personal I would keep it regardless of the player.It is an athlete that you dont get to see in person everyday but in your case you might.Honestly I would put in my PC and just keep it for a chat piece.

Back