Football Jaguars To Significantly Increase Denard Robinson's Usage

JoshSmith100

Bench Warmer
The Jacksonville Jaguars have designated Denard Robinson as the backup to Maurice Jones-Drew for the remainder of the season.

Robinson struggled early in the season running the Wildcat.

"He gained our trust as far as ball security, and he had a really good work of practice before the San Francisco game and we said, 'All right, let's get him in there and see what he can do,'" Gus Bradley said this week, via The Florida Times-Union.

The Jaguars plan on giving Jones-Drew 20 carries per game, with another 14 going to Robinson. The Jaguars may be optimistic about running the ball 34 times in a game, but the message is that they want to evaluate Robinson.

Source: RealGM

What do you guys think about the Jaguars increasing Denard Robinson's role?Personally I love that they are, he is a very expolosive player thats fun to watch.

I don't think they should have so much focus on one player. He was really good in college but I really don't think he's going to make it too many years in the NFL. Especially if they're going to be using him so much, it'll increase the chance of him getting injured. They should just focus on getting the best WRs and HB that they can.

Back