Football Jaguars Fire 5 coach's

Jags don't have the personnel to run a Martz style offense. How is their cap situation looking for next year? Much as I've liked Leftwich, neither he nor Garrard is the answer. They have to get a new QB for next year, and a legitimate #1 receiver.

Man, I miss the Brunell-McCardell-Smith days.

Leftwhich isnt bad he just needs to stay healthy. Drew can get it done at running back. Next year with the Colts Jags and Titans the south is going to be tough.

I'll be surprised if Leftwich is under center this year. I just got that feeling that they wanted to go with Garrard early on, then things didn't turn out they way they had hoped. The Taylor-Drew combination is lethal. If Taylor stays healthy again next year, I think they will both break a grand.

lafastbreak said:
I think their going to need atleast one more year before we see them really compete.

Disagree. They where hurt very badly this year.

Most off all the D starter's where on IR.

Leftwich was hurt and cost this team a Few Games.

This team needs a Playmaker at WR and may get it in the Likes of Ted Ginn in the draft.

This team will be a team that if healthy should take on the Colts in the south.

They also have 30 million in cap room if they fell they need to they will use it.

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
I'll be surprised if Leftwich is under center this year. I just got that feeling that they wanted to go with Garrard early on, then things didn't turn out they way they had hoped. The Taylor-Drew combination is lethal. If Taylor stays healthy again next year, I think they will both break a grand.

I would't be, they are going to get rid of Garrard, they will keep Leftwich one name to look out for is Quinn Gray who will be keept here ( was the 3rd String QB this year) and they will draft a qb in the Draft most likley Chris Leak.

I'm not overly impressed with Gray, at least not to use as a starter. Not sure about Leak either. I'd like to see them have someone on the roster that can step in and start if Byron goes down again, the way Garcia saved Philly's season. If they have that much cap room, I can see a couple scenarios:

1. Leftwich and their first round pick get traded so they move into the top 3 for a QB - though I don't think there is a QB worthy of that high a pick.

2. Leftwich getting traded for low first through third round pick or QB, and using their current first round pick on a WR, possibly Ginn, as you mentioned, who would also be used on special teams.

Had to ask you are a Fan of OSU Right? What is you take on Ginn? All the film I have watched and I am still in amazement of there is no way that the Jags pass on him.

The Jags will not sign Garrcia, atleast i dont see it Agian I expect to see Leftwich back possibly with a new contract. Garrard is out.

I didn't mean they should go after Garcia, just someone like him. Ginn definitely has speed, everyone knows that. He's actually still kind of raw as a receiver, but with the right coaches and experience around him, I think he can be a Tim Brown-Cris Carter type. Not quite in Rice's category (who will be?), but he can rack up alot of catches and yards over time.

Back