Jackson and Lakers FINED!

Johan Santana #57

Bench Warmer
NEW YORK, March 15, 2007 – Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson and the Lakers organization have each been fined $50,000 for Jackson’s public criticisms of the NBA, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.

Jackson and the Lakers have been fined for comments Jackson made earlier this week regarding the NBA's recent review of several on-court incidents involving Kobe Bryant.

--

What do you think of the fine and his comments? Should he have got more, should the lakers have even been fined, or is Kobe just the one all to blame here and Phil was just defending his own guy?

NashFan13 said:
Thats my opinion.
Thats your biased opinion being a Suns fan. Does Jackson not have any right to voice his opinion on the call. I dont know what the NBA says about that but even if he cant do that thats a bit to big of an amount.

well hes just a Kobe Hater. We should try to make posts in unbiased manners so that its not just what you think about the player.

What if it was some good guy who did the same thing?

I don't care who it is, voiceing your opinion or critizing should not get you fined $50,000. Wether its Steve Nash Phil Jackson or James Naismath.

lafastbreak said:
Thats your biased opinion being a Suns fan. Does Jackson not have any right to voice his opinion on the call. I dont know what the NBA says about that but even if he cant do that thats a bit to big of an amount.
Umm im not the only one being biased being a Lakers fan.

Well here is the deal in my opinion. Saying that they are going after Kobe Bryant aka "witch hunt" is without a doubt 100% true. Going back and looking at tape in slow motion. Give me a break. I could understand it if they name an official and call him stupid or something like that. But describing the situation to the T is without a doubt, 100%, not something that the NBA should be giving fines for.

On a side note, Kobe Bryant was flopping. Just like Steve Nash does in every game pretty much. The video shows that he didn't even look at the guy getting hit. So he didn't hit him on purpose. I have seen much worse in the NBA that resulted in alot less. Anyone remember Raja Bell Cloths lining Kobe???? He got the same amount of games as Kobe which shows how much the NBA's suspensions are a joke.

Back