Items for Autism Awareness Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
ewilkens said:
...All that was asked was for a direct link to the charity as more people would be comfortable doing a donation that way...

He provided the link.. and that was great... and ALL I asked for... but then followed it up with. "I don't need your crap" which is where his charitable kindness began to unravel

ok , maybe I should have posted this:
"ALL of my sales this month , proceeds are going to Autism Research , since this is Autism Awareness Month" and I should have left it at that.

Anyone that KNOWS ME , know that I do take care of my Autistic Daughter and have been Mr. Mom so to speak for almost 16 years now. You can check my "Feedback" on ebay , and other sites and SEE that I am 100% legit.
As a Man , I took offense to being questioned on my Sincereness of this topic.
And I am sorry I blew off the handle. BUT , as a mod , one should have Sent a PM instead of "the Crap". We all see where it lead to and could have been avoided.

You simply stated that the money would not go into your Blue jays account/pot, so that family monies could remain family monies. Very noble, but wouldn't we all like to seperate our funds like that.

I feel for your cause, I have a devlopmentally handicapped daughter, but the funds I use for her or on her are all considered family funds, no seperations for the sake of raising more funds!

As to your point about a link, I know of at least 200 links on Google that can be found. Do you have any ties and connections to this link other than something in common?
#1. Rule of Thumb- I have raised funds for Special Olympics of Northwest Ohio now for over 19 years, DO NOT HAVE MONIES DIRECTED TO YOU, OR CHECKS IN YOUR NAME!!!

Very admirable, but too questionable when you're going to purchase more items with the funds, you said so yourself in the original thread! Should be shut down and you should start over with the AUTISM Awareness Program to run a fundraiser!

wow... again I posted an auction for the Epillepsy Foundation ... someone asked me for more informaion... I provided it.. simple as that... no "CRAP"

I work with Autistic patients every day so I under stand the need for the funding etc, but again ALSO understand that a LOT of members are skeptical of charitable donations without additional information provided

Uncle Ted said:
You simply stated that the money would not go into your Blue jays account/pot, so that family monies could remain family monies. Very noble, but wouldn't we all like to seperate our funds like that.

I feel for your cause, I have a devlopmentally handicapped daughter, but the funds I use for her or on her are all considered family funds, no seperations for the sake of raising more funds!

Sorry , but you missed what I was saying. Since my wife is the one that works , I have Never spent a dime of that money for my Blue Jays Collection.
When I sell something from my blue jays collection it goes in a pot towards other blue jays stuff. not seperating anything for the sake of raising more funds! ok , now that is cleared up.
I am taking the money from all sales this month , and personally donating what is left after shipping , and donating that money to Autism Research.

thanks.

Legit question; Is there a site or a group dealing with Autism that I could send my donation to and receive those items you mentioned? I didn't think so! But go ahead and answer anyway, I can't wait!

ac-n-mike said:
wow... again I posted an auction for the Epillepsy Foundation ... someone asked me for more informaion... I provided it.. simple as that... no "CRAP"

I work with Autistic patients every day so I under stand the need for the funding etc, but again ALSO understand that a LOT of members are skeptical of charitable donations without additional information provided

AGAIN .. I WORDED IT WRONG. You want to make a donation to one of those links ..PLEASE DO SO. If you want a Great deal here on some Nice Items , feel free to buy and know that your money will be then sent to a great cause. Now why dont you MAN UP and admit this was just worded wrong and LEAVE IT AT THAT.

Uncle Ted said:
Legit question; Is there a site or a group dealing with Autism that I could send my donation to and receive those items you mentioned? I didn't think so! But go ahead and answer anyway, I can't wait!

That question has been answered.
AGAIN .. I WORDED IT WRONG. You want to make a donation to one of those links ..PLEASE DO SO. If you want a Great deal here on some Nice Items , feel free to buy and know that your money will be then sent to a great cause. Now why dont you MAN UP and admit this was just worded wrong and LEAVE IT AT THAT.

So YOU ARE NOT SELLING ANYTHING FOR AUTISM DIRECTLY! You are raising funds for yourself do donate to autism, very honorable, but shady as heck!

I am MANNING UP enough to wish you luck on your venture. If you need help, I have a CITO GASTON SWEETSPOT AUTO I will donate to an Autism Awareness Location, Thanks!

closing this for obvious reasons....

feel free to do what you have done in your new post and alert potential buyers that you are donating the funds to Austism Awareness, simpl provide information if they request it... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back