Is it more efficient to buy slabbed auto cards on Ebay or do it TTM?

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Another thread got me thinking about this again. My original thought was that for the price I can pick up slabbed auto cards on Ebay, I'm probably saving money over buying a raw card, sending it through the mail to get signed, then getting it slabbed (even if I save them up to submit in bulk). Am I right?

Based on what I have seen, if you ultimately want slabbed cards...then buy cards that are already slabbed. In my experience, it is a lower cost...especially for lower dollar cards. I personally enjoy TTM autos but that is because it allows me to personally connect with the athlete. But, I think TTMing and then certifying would cost more than buying a certified auto to begin with.

Pricing on slabbed cards depends on the volume you send them in at. Even if you sent 100 in at a time it's gonna be $10 a card, and probably $20 if you just send in a few. The turn-around time is part of the pricing as well, so if you don't mind the slow ****od, then pricing isn't as much, as a quick return would cost you. I think there is just a slab price too, if you don't want it graded, or the signature authenticated. Personally, I would just go with a certified auto from a reputable company. Lots of deals out there if you take your time, and are patient when you find stuff you want.

Back