Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care what it costs!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eliatack

Pro
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I want to know what people think about the price of a blaster box or mega/monster box.
Also comment and lmk what you think a blaster box of cards should sell for.

-Eli

Blasters now have fewer numbered cards then ever and the price continues to rise. The biggest problem with this is that is making harder for new collectors to get into the hobby, especially kids

Depending on the product and where you purchase blasters can be a bargain, but if you are buying from retail stores, they are overpriced for what you get, but so are hobby boxes too anymore. It used to be you got a game used in every box, now they are not even in all products or if they are they are manufactured items rather than actual game worn items. The hobby has become full of watered down products, and we continue to collect it. I think we are in another era like the 90s of "junk" hobby.

@Eliatack
@northicehero99
@franklinguy52

I'm 43 and started collecting cards when the Bears went to the Super Bowl in 1985, that was 39 years ago! I used to go with my Grandmother every week to my great aunt and uncles beauty parlor on the West Side of Chicago, and if I was good while Gram got her hair done, she would buy me some packs of cards at the card shop next door to the salon.

They were 25 cents a pack in those days, soon to go up to 50 cents as I recall, but still not bad! I never pulled anything amazing in the 80s or 90s, but it was exciting to hope to get that big name player! I was a child and enjoying it as a child. That's all gone now. Kids can't experience the hobby like that anymore since prices are sky high, and for that primary reason, kids aren't getting into the hobby like they once did.

I agree, we are in a second junk wax Era, only worse this time since everything is insanely expensive!

Cheers!

Kevin

Last edited:
Considering how hard it is to pull anything from blasters anymore, it feels like I am ripping junk wax.
Literally opened 5 blasters of Bowman trying to find things toward my set, which I did, but zero numbered cards.
Just a bunch of mass-produced garbage.
Why people pay more than a $1 for a common card from that set this year is nuts. You should be able to buy the entire base paper set for less than $5 considering you get 1/2 of it in a blaster and 1/3 of it in a mega box. It's almost as common as opening series 1 or 2 and looking for the rookie card. You're bound to get it.

@zlw1

Agreed friend, it's total mass production, reminds me of when relic cards got popular, and then it was just a mass onslaught of the same thing over and over.....and then it became "this Jersey is not associated with any particular player or game". That makes all kinds of sense!!

@Eliatack

You are one of our younger members here on SCC, and we are glad to have you here! It's so important for us  seasoned members (classic? vintage? gotta use a word other than "OLDER!!!!") to have young members to keep things going. If I may ask, what got you into the card collecting hobby? I know a lot of guys on here have collected with their kids, which is super cool. None of my kids give a crap about cards or memorabilia!!

Cheers!!

Kevin

@zlw1

Agreed friend, it's total mass production, reminds me of when relic cards got popular, and then it was just a mass onslaught of the same thing over and over.....and then it became "this Jersey is not associated with any particular player or game". That makes all kinds of sense!!

@Eliatack

You are one of our younger members here on SCC, and we are glad to have you here! It's so important for us  seasoned members (classic? vintage? gotta use a word other than "OLDER!!!!") to have young members to keep things going. If I may ask, what got you into the card collecting hobby? I know a lot of guys on here have collected with their kids, which is super cool. None of my kids give a crap about cards or memorabilia!!

Cheers!!

Kevin
I just liked the stats and the the thrill of pulling someone from the phillies team! I used to play a game with my cards using dice,
and then I traded with my younger cousin which really brought me into it and then I found the bench and then you guys and I
used my base to trade for better cards such as inserts, parralells, etc!

I think that if many people started contacting them with complaints on this issue that it would be
somewhat fixed but that is just my opinion.

When most blaster boxes were $19.99 a few years ago, to see how much their prices have just does give a bit of sticker shock.
And what is so frustrating is that at the end of the year, most of the cards are worthless and the
blasters sell for $15-20

And what is so frustrating is that at the end of the year, most of the cards are worthless and the
blasters sell for $15-20
Heck I am finding hockey ones as low as $10 from 22-23. Glad I did not buy many of them last year, but I did buy the retail boxes which have dropped a bunch, and for 23-24 they stopped making retail boxes and only do blasters and tins for retail. Ugh! :(

I just liked the stats and the the thrill of pulling someone from the phillies team! I used to play a game with my cards using dice,
and then I traded with my younger cousin which really brought me into it and then I found the bench and then you guys and I
used my base to trade for better cards such as inserts, parralells, etc!
Very cool! Glad you and your cousin have enjoyed collecting! That's the point of all this, at the end of the day, just have fun with it!

Cheers!

Kevin

He pulled a 2023 stadium club Adley Rutschman rc auto orange foil numbered to 5 out of a blaster this year!!!
Very cool! Glad you and your cousin have enjoyed collecting! That's the point of all this, at the end of the day, just have fun with it!

Cheers!

Kevin

Back