Inherited cards!!! Selling/Looking for more opinions

chrissyfitz17

Bench Warmer
Hello all!

I have inherited an enormous quantity of (mostly) baseball cards and unopened packs of cards from my father. The range seems to be 1960’s – 2000’s. This is just from a brief dig.

When I say enormous – it is overwhelming. Of course, I am going to keep a good amount to pass down as well but I’d love to sell them to those who are passionate about collecting.

I have looked up prices online, in forums, called places, and I just cannot get a solid value nor people or are not trying to pull one over on me because I do not know that much. Some I thought that looked pretty “cool” apparently aren’t haha.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I DO KNOW what some of these are worth and my (so far) most valuable ones.

And what are names – years – card types – I should be looking for?

baseball1.jpegbaseball2.jpegbaseball3.jpegbaseball4.jpegbaseball5.jpeg

Please feel free to comment on the post or send me a direct message!

Welcome aboard.

There is not a lot of value there posted in the pictures. The packs you have while are cool to have sealed, have little value. In the pictures provided, including the singles, you could probably sell them in total for $10-25 depending on who you ask. A majority of the older cards shown are reprints, a lot of which is common in this day and age for sets to be reproduced as "Archives" or other insert sets within packs of Topps, etc.

A majority of the more popular sets during the times of those cards shown are going to be the rarer ones like the Topps Tiffany Sets. Some of the special sealed sets like Stadium Club and early 1980s topps traded are also popular. In addition, Hall of Famers of cards produced in the 60s and 70s have very good value that are in great shape. If you have more of those cards and would like opinions on those, we can definitely help here on the board!

A lot of the stores in the area have closed in Maryland, but, we still have a few. One in Silver Spring, one in Ellicott City, and one in Odenton. In northern Virginia is Blowout as well. So there are options around.

Welcome aboard.

There is not a lot of value there posted in the pictures. The packs you have while are cool to have sealed, have little value. In the pictures provided, including the singles, you could probably sell them in total for $10-25 depending on who you ask. A majority of the older cards shown are reprints, a lot of which is common in this day and age for sets to be reproduced as "Archives" or other insert sets within packs of Topps, etc.

A majority of the more popular sets during the times of those cards shown are going to be the rarer ones like the Topps Tiffany Sets. Some of the special sealed sets like Stadium Club and early 1980s topps traded are also popular. In addition, Hall of Famers of cards produced in the 60s and 70s have very good value that are in great shape. If you have more of those cards and would like opinions on those, we can definitely help here on the board!

A lot of the stores in the area have closed in Maryland, but, we still have a few. One in Silver Spring, one in Ellicott City, and one in Odenton. In northern Virginia is Blowout as well. So there are options around.
SUCH a helpful response i appreciate it so much!
Are there certain names to look for?
Besides dates certain cards like topps donruss etc?
I have some very old ones but have looked them up and not seen any interest or value. Some 1960's cards.
Im just not sure what I am looking for!
Thanks again!

First, welcome to the forum!

@zlw1 summed it up very well. The era shown is part of the junk wax era. Cards were massively over produced leading to not so high values. Some error cards may demand a bit more but nothing earth shattering.

Happy Trading!

SUCH a helpful response i appreciate it so much!
Are there certain names to look for?
Besides dates certain cards like topps donruss etc?
I have some very old ones but have looked them up and not seen any interest or value. Some 1960's cards.
Im just not sure what I am looking for!
Thanks again!
So in the older ones, it's going to revolve around 2 things.
1) Condition (the most important)
2) Hall of Famers & Rookie Cards
https://baseballhall.org/explorer is a good link to use to view all the Hall of Famers.

On some of the older cards circa 1955 and back, condition isn't as important, but it will still have much more value the closer to mint condition you come.

For the 70's and 1980-1982, look for Rookie Cards or players with multiples on them that say top prospects or rookie stars, etc. Some of them will have considerable value.

Big names for the 60's-70's-1980/1/2
are going to be found on that webpage I provided.

Hi Chrissy
Beckett online price guide is pretty good. You can also get an idea of value from looking on eBay. Click on the advance link next to the search bar, on the next page type in player, card, set you're looking for. Click on the closed button and then hit search, will tell you what the card sold at and similar cards too. You can do the same at CMOC.com (check out my cards).
The junk wax era are the cards that don't have much value and starts about 1987 and go up to about 2001/02 when the companies started putting autographs and relic cards in the packs.
Hope that helps
Bob

Back