I need your opinion...

Bounty13

Bench Warmer
I am going to come up with a Product Grading System which I can use to rate the products that the Group Buy busts so other members will know how the product fairs.

I have split different rating points into four different categories:
1. Initial Presentation
2. Card Presentation
3. Autographs, Game Used Items, and Inserts
4. Bang for the Buck

After you read the below information, this is the information I need from you (you can simply copy and paste the below questions):

EVERYONE WHO RESPONDS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A DRAWING FOR A JERSEY OR AUTOGRAPH CARD FROM THEIR FAVORITE NFL TEAM. :dance:
---------------
1. Weight the importance of the four categories (a higher percentage being the most important), based on 100%. For example if you feel the Autographs, Game Used Items, and Inserts is the most important you might assign that category 50%, followed by Bang for the Buck 30%, and the other two coming in last with 10%.

(x%) Initial Presentation
(x%) Card Presentation
(x%) Autographs, Game Used Items, and Inserts
(x%) Bang for the Buck

2. Bang for the Buck. Under the assumption that you are expecting to lose money, what reasonable % return would you be happy to get back?

3. Any additional scrutinies that you look for in a product that are not listed below?

---------------
Initial Presentation
-Is the Box/Pack packaging appealing?
-Quality of the card stock (Cheap stock will score lower, high quality premium stock will score higher).
-Condition of cards out of the pack (98-99% Mint condition will receive high grade, lower percentage will score lower).
-Misprinted cards (98-99% error free card will receive high grade, lower percentage will score lower).
-Is the product at risk to pack searchers? (If yes, low score). If decoys are included or product is not at risk to pack searchers, a high score is given.
-Correlation. (Doubles)

Card Presentation
-Photograph (Quality action shots, full body shots, head shots)
-Innovation/Card Design (Do the cards have a fresh look? Poorly designed cards like Topps Paradigm? Or are you experiencing Déjà vu from previous releases?)
-Would you buy another box of this product (Did the break leave a sour taste in your mouth or would you shell out the cash for another round?)
-Collectability? (Will this product be swept under the carpet in a few days or will interest continue throughout the year?)
-Legacy (Did the product stand up to last year’s release, or was it a step down? If the product did not a predecessor, would you want this product to be produced again next year?)

Autographs, Game Used Items, and Inserts
-Quality of the players received on the autographs
-On card autographs?
-If the autograph is a sticker, does the card look good or bad with the sticker?

-Quality of the players received on the game used items
-Size of the game used items (Upper Deck Artifacts would be a bad example)
-Is the item not game used? Rookie Premiere photo shoot, draft day t-shirt?
-Quality of the game used item, single color “prime patch�

-Quality of inserts, variety and sane use of numbered cards, not just an endless spectrum of parallels.

-Redemptions?

Bang for the Buck
If you are in the trading card hobby to make money, you are in the wrong business. But a collector should reasonably expect that a hobby box would have a certain amount of resale value. If you are not able to at least sell the boxes content at 50% of what you paid for it, then I would consider that product a failure. Rating for this category will be based on the estimated % resale value received in the box.

(15%) Initial Presentation
(15%) Card Presentation
(40%) Autographs, Game Used Items, and Inserts
(30%) Bang for the Buck

2. Bang for the Buck. I'd personally want at least 50% but 75% would be ideal.

3. Any additional scrutinies that you look for in a product that are not listed below?

If we open multiple boxes then a consistency rating can be added ..for instance do some boxes seem like the company was making a joke or are most boxes Similar in value.

(15%) Initial Presentation
(15%) Card Presentation
(40%) Autographs, Game Used Items, and Inserts
(30%) Bang for the Buck

2. Bang for the Buck. I'd personally want at least 50% but 75% would be ideal.

If we open multiple boxes then a consistency rating can be added ..for instance do some boxes seem like the company was making a joke or are most boxes Similar in value.

Agreed bank for your buck is the most important thing now that prices on boxes get getting out of hand.

Back