Baseball I Hate Alex Gordon

BAM1984

Bench Warmer
So yea, my wife went to the surprise sports stadium in Surprise, Az yesterday. Since I am in Germany she tried to get me an Alex Gordon auto as it was pregame and players were signing left and right. Alex Gordon came by her, not even 2 steps away from her. Well she asked him to sign the ticket and he looked at fans and said, "I don't have time to autograph." How could someone do that to fans that are die hard fans of his......I have some colorful language to say to him but I will save that for another time.

Anyone else having the same experiences in spring training?

BAM

Yeh he is a jerk I am 13 years old and I asked him for his auto on my baseball at the surprise stadium during the fanfest and he looked at me gave me a smirk and just turned around.

Yeah all my experiences with Alex Gordon have been bad ones, I saw him about 5 times in the AFL and didn't get him once. Be glad you actually got acknowledgement, in the AFL he was apparently deaf.

dback,
That is a big surprise.....I have asked Luis everytime I saw him and got an auto. It just gets to me that fans shell out the money to see a game and players act like they are too good for the common fan. My wife is going back to Surprise Stadium for another game..... hopefully she can get some auto on a couple of baseballs

BAM

sometimes players are focusing on the task at hand rather than worrying about signing during or before a game. remember these guys are at work and have rituals they do before every game and may not want to be interrupted.

marinocollector: THANK YOU!! Bam and dbackfan...I don't know if you noticed but these are these players jobs, they can't take time out of their daily work out and sign for people when they have to get in shape for a game, Alex Gordon is a fine signer I know people who have got him in person at the end of the game and so on. Alex Gordon also goes to card shows and signs there, if you want him that much just go there...jeez you don't have to hate the guy!

Back