How many cards in your COMC port?

COMC port? explain please.

link

Ok I must be sick today, Check out my cards (COMC)

Thanks, always thought about sending there but do not like someone else storing my stuff. How else am I going to get the comments I get when people come over like, do you have enough cards? My ex was always saying why you keep looking at your cards.

Will check out again.

Thanks, always thought about sending there but do not like someone else storing my stuff.

This is exactly why I've never used the site. I guess I would use it if I wanted to get my hands on some cards I couldn't find on eBay, but then again, I don't buy very often anyways.

I was talking to my novice girlfriend when it comes to collecting cards. Her comment was how you know they do not take your cards; switch them for a different condition. Is it not the result of collecting cards to look at them every once in a while? I guess you can send your extra's that are not in a PC. But what guarantee?

I was talking to my novice girlfriend when it comes to collecting cards. Her comment was how you know they do not take your cards; switch them for a different condition. Is it not the result of collecting cards to look at them every once in a while? I guess you can send your extra's that are not in a PC. But what guarantee?

I guess there really is no guarantee, except for with cards that are numbered.

It all has to do with their sorting process when they receive your cards.

The following is mostly speculation and guessing based on my own experience with them and visiting the website.

Before they even touch your cards they look to see which member account to assign them to. You have to put a note in your package that says "add to "John Doh's Cards" or whatever your account name is. If you don't tell them which account to assign them to they ship them back to you I think.

From there I don't know the exact order of the process but they identify each of your cards (they request that you pre-sort your cards, put all the same year/set/etc in on batch) and check condition, any damaged cards need to have their condition noted (according to a message on their blog they have recently added a more thorough grading step to their process.) They scan each card front and back. I'm guessing they use some kind of bulk scanner but I don't know the details of how they load the cards into the scanner. I think the ID process is done after the scanning. Their scanning software probably has some sofisticated numbering/ID process that they plug in the scanned number into their database when they are setting up the online profiles for the cards.

They say if it's in Becketts then they will process the card if they can't identify the thing they supposedly send it back. After all cards from your batch have been scanned, identified and catalogued they send you an email letting you know your cards are in their system and you can then price your cards you are selling. They post the guide BV and then it is up to you to what to price it. Some cards they can't find a price for so you just have to wing those.

I'm pretty sure whatever they store the cards in they have labeled and keep your cards in that forever.

There seems to be very little chance of your cards getting swapped out with cards of worse condition. When they first started out they said they could only do NM/Mint cards and any lesser conditioned cards they would return, excepting vintage. That was to save time on them having to "grade" every card. Now they have larger staff and different proceedures for their process so they can handle larger counts of cards and all conditions.

I'm super thrilled their shipping polices have changed!!!!!!!

After checking my port I realized I have 51 Carmelo Anthony GU's, 49 Chris Bosh Gu's and 18 Tim Duncan Gu's, 32 Ray Allen GU's and tons of other star GU...

:):):)

As of today:

2z9mngy.png

Um OK I'll play (The "MY Port" I've always just called my dashboard)
General Account Info

Items in Inventory 189
Total Book Value $371.90
Items w/o Book Price 0
Total Asking Price $232.70
Items w/o Asking Price 0
Items Not for Sale 0
Items Ready to Ship 0
Total Sales $42.15
Items Sold 26
Items Purchased 0
Items Added to the Site 215

Um OK I'll play (The "MY Port" I've always just called my dashboard)
General Account Info

Items in Inventory 189
Total Book Value $371.90
Items w/o Book Price 0
Total Asking Price $232.70
Items w/o Asking Price 0
Items Not for Sale 0
Items Ready to Ship 0
Total Sales $42.15
Items Sold 26
Items Purchased 0
Items Added to the Site 215

Is it just me or is COMC addictive?:finger:
I normally login buy a bunch of stuff... Stay off for a few months... Log back in, buy a ton... And repeat the cycle....
LOL.

Back