How did the Bulls get the First pick?

Rasheed is 6'11 and a 1/2 according to wikipedia. That is tall enough to be a center for sure. No longer do you have to be 7'2'' and a huge body to be a center.

NO LONGER? so like I saw they are not "TRUE" centers... heck Magic played center at points in his career and he's NOT 7'2" BUT like I said he's not a "TRUE" center LOL

Centers haven't always been that tall. The first true center for the NBA was George Mikan. He was 6'10''. Rasheed is basically 2 inches taller then him. To me that makes him a true center. The NBA goes through changes all the time, the NBA is going towards a faster league. So a shorter, faster player is just more valueable to a team then 2 more inches.

AC-N-Mike, Just to let you know I am already taken. :) Sure we can agree to disagree as long as you know that you are wrong :)

Admin said:
Centers haven't always been that tall. The first true center for the NBA was George Mikan. He was 6'10''. Rasheed is basically 2 inches taller then him. To me that makes him a true center. The NBA goes through changes all the time, the NBA is going towards a faster league. So a shorter, faster player is just more valueable to a team then 2 more inches.

Not too mention one of the all time greats Bill Russell, who was only 6'9".

Back