How about that Brad Smith guy

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
that was a nice return :dance: figured i could make a comment about that...i think taking a kneel the 2 previous kicks really worked to his advantage, not sure if that was game planning or maybe he saw them sleeping

he didnt' appear to be running that fast either, it was like he was jogging. maybe it's cause he was taller than most kick returners

I was cussing him the whole way.

OK so being a Colts fan, how do you feel about taking the starters out when the game was still in doubt? I understand the concept behind resting starters (although I do not agree with it) but seeing the look on Mannings, Clarks, and Waynes faces tell me that they weren't all too happy about stepping down in a 15-10 game.

as a football fan, i dont like throwing the game away, however, if i was the coach, i probably would have pulled them at halftime...

i know hes catching lots of hell from fans and probably the media, but if peyton manning gets sacked and seperates his shoulder in a 'meaningless' game and cant play the rest of the season, imagine the other side?...getting Painter some field time against a #1 defense, no matter how bad it looked, is so beneficial...now he has his own game tape to study, he knows what he saw in each situation, and will better learn reads and understand pressure...

i think it was the right decision to bench the starters...if Indy wasnt a lock for homefield throughout, id play them, but really the game didnt matter at all, at least for the colts...the Steelers were the big losers in this one :dance:

OK so being a Colts fan, how do you feel about taking the starters out when the game was still in doubt? I understand the concept behind resting starters (although I do not agree with it) but seeing the look on Mannings, Clarks, and Waynes faces tell me that they weren't all too happy about stepping down in a 15-10 game.

Alot of the fans were booing the decision. I was actually suprised it happened as late as it did. If they went 16-0 and lost a crucial starter due to injury. It could bring the whole team down in the playoffs. Joseph Addai was banged up on the long TD run he had in the first half. They are saying not a serious injury, but it also IMO helped the decision to pull the starters.
I have no peoblem with a 14-2 season, and long as the Colts bring it come playoffs.

Alot of the fans were booing the decision. I was actually suprised it happened as late as it did. If they went 16-0 and lost a crucial starter due to injury. It could bring the whole team down in the playoffs. Joseph Addai was banged up on the long TD run he had in the first half. They are saying not a serious injury, but it also IMO helped the decision to pull the starters.
I have no peoblem with a 14-2 season, and long as the Colts bring it come playoffs.

Yeah, I suppose that is right...but I really, really wanted Mercury Morris and the rest of the champange poppin 72 Dolphins to be done with their now 36 year celebration every year when the last unbeaten falls.

On the plus side, the Steelers got boned because of it, so I guess it all comes out in the wash, right? :dance::dance::dance:

so when someone gets hurt do they announce to the stadium what kind of injury it is? like a bad one, mild one, ankle sprain, groin pull? stuff like that.

at our local hockey games they say it on the radio so only the people who are watching the game with headphones on know if someone is injured bad or not. besides us seeing the ambulance. at the beginning of our season one of our players got sliced across his calf with another skate and left the ice dripping blood, no one knew what happened until the next day

so when someone gets hurt do they announce to the stadium what kind of injury it is? like a bad one, mild one, ankle sprain, groin pull? stuff like that.

at our local hockey games they say it on the radio so only the people who are watching the game with headphones on know if someone is injured bad or not. besides us seeing the ambulance. at the beginning of our season one of our players got sliced across his calf with another skate and left the ice dripping blood, no one knew what happened until the next day

No, I bring my ipod so I can listen to the Colts feed on the local radio. I love listening to Bob Lamey.:D

Pulling Peyton lost me my fantasy football championship. After watching the Giants not rest their players and then make a huge super bowl run and several teams who rested their players lose in their first playoff game, I am strongly against resting these players. Playoffs are all about momentum.

Pulling Peyton lost me my fantasy football championship. After watching the Giants not rest their players and then make a huge super bowl run and several teams who rested their players lose in their first playoff game, I am strongly against resting these players. Playoffs are all about momentum.

I concur 100%. I don't think I can remember a team that would rest their starters the last 1-3 weeks, then do well in the playoffs. Plus in the Colts game, it's not like Manning was firing on all cylinders. He overthrew several passes he would normally complete effortlessly. If he, and his receivers were synced up for 3 quarters, it would be more reasonable to take them out. Addai I understand. If a person starts getting banged up, take them out (especially when you have a Donald Brown behind him) but Peyton has barely been touched all year.

Oh well, cest la vie.

Back