Baseball Houston Astros to the AL

bhelser

Bench Warmer
Looks like Houston will be heading to the AL. It's about time they evened out the divisions & leagues!

HOUSTON -- Major League Baseball only agreed to the pending sale of the Houston Astros to businessman Jim Crane after he agreed to move the team to the American League, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.

The person spoke Wednesday on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made. The sale is expected to be approved Thursday.

The person said Major League Baseball told Crane he would only be able to buy the team from Drayton McLane if he agreed to move the Astros out of the National League, where they have played ever since their first game in 1962.

Crane will receive a $70 million discount off the $680 million purchase price in exchange for moving the Astros to the AL in 2013, an MLB official with knowledge of the talks said, the Houston Chronicle reported.

McLane and MLB will contribute $35 million each to the discount, according to the Chronicle.

An official announcement of the Astros' jump to the AL might not be made Thursday, so that the day's focus can be on the sale and the new owner, the newspaper reported.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

as a HOUSTON fan... I LOVE THIS!

They have been awful for a few years now and ANY change is a good thing for the organization

Fans will not be coming out to the game this year (2012) because they are HORRIBLE.. but 2013 with the American League Teams coming in town etc.. I would LOVE to see the teams that I never got to see as a kid...

I LOVE THIS MOVE !

Back