Hot Packs (offered on eBay)... thoughts?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
We have all seen the "Hot Packs" offered up on eBay.

You know the listing that says "Guaranteed Autograph/Game-Used".

Here is the latest "Hot Pack" offering(s) to hit the 'bay... legit?

This guy is guaranteeing a "SIDNEY CROSBY autograph card, parallel card, SP card, or base card".

And if I were to bet on this, I would put my money on the "base card".

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5335896190&toolid=10001&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/111449077778?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_nkw%3D111449077778%26_rdc%3D1

By-the-way... one of his negative feedback mentions "resealed".

Thoughts?

I buy hot packs from time to time. Usually on low end products that are hard to find the relics, lol. Ive never bought one that guarantees a specific player, but I see them everywhere in all sports and wrestling too. Just wouldn't risk it if your "hit" can be base LOL!

Ive never had one not have a hit in it, but I have had guaranteed autos turn out to be patches or low numbered relics instead, lol.

I'm really torn on hot packs. There is only 2 ways to know what the contain...and when it comes down to a specific player like this there is only 1. The pack has been opened and then resealed.

The other way is they have been pack searched (if they are guaranteed to contain an auto or relic). I feel that if I buy one...I am supporting pack searching which I am not. It's possible the seller owns the whole box and just "pack searched" his own stuff...but my gut tells me that probably isn't the case.

As much as I would like to "experiment" with one of these packs, I just don't think I should.

I'm really torn on hot packs. There is only 2 ways to know what the contain...and when it comes down to a specific player like this there is only 1. The pack has been opened and then resealed.

The other way is they have been pack searched (if they are guaranteed to contain an auto or relic). I feel that if I buy one...I am supporting pack searching which I am not. It's possible the seller owns the whole box and just "pack searched" his own stuff...but my gut tells me that probably isn't the case.

As much as I would like to "experiment" with one of these packs, I just don't think I should.

I know how you feel, that's why I try to usually buy hobby and not retail. Usually they bust a case until they hit the case hit and sell the rest in hobby breaks, make more money if the person doesn't know what he is getting, lol. Retail I usually avoid because I just see a 40-somthing man sitting in wal-mart with a scale going through everything, LOL!

I believe they can tell buy the codes on the pack for stuff like this (specific player), but I can see resealing going on too. :)

I know how you feel, that's why I try to usually buy hobby and not retail. Usually they bust a case until they hit the case hit and sell the rest in hobby breaks, make more money if the person doesn't know what he is getting, lol. Retail I usually avoid because I just see a 40-somthing man sitting in wal-mart with a scale going through everything, LOL!

I believe they can tell buy the codes on the pack for stuff like this (specific player), but I can see resealing going on too. :)
You are right about hobby vs retail...I guess I should have specified that. For me, I simply don't have the knowledge about newer products to be able to distinguish the difference right off the bat. I don't think I have opened more than 10 packs made after 1999.

I hadn't considered the codes on the pack. I wonder how they would get that info though.

Like camaropat I do buy them time to time for the same reason. I know the chances of a real good hit is zero but I am looking for mostly lower/mid inserts anyway. I have gotten a couple of autos for the PC. I have always gotten a auto or relic as stated. I did pickup a few nonsports ones last year just to see what the cards were like and also got a memorabilia/sketch and again they were ones on the lower/mid end. Never seen ones that state a specific player/character so those must be something new so have no clue.

Back