Hi, New Here

VTTomTaker

Bench Warmer
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and internet trading in general.

I collect Baseball cards from the late 50's to the present. I am more worried about completing sets than the particular condition of the card. I collect for fun, not profit - not that I wouldn't turn down a real valuable card, ha ha!
I am looking for like-minded folks to trade with and hopefully fill mine & their sets and enjoy the hobby.
That said, I treat all my newer cards with great respect and since getting back into the hobby in the last few months have been placing all my new cards into penny-sleeves and an working on catalogging and putting my old stuff (1980 & older) into 9-pocket pages and into binders to help protect and keep track of them better than the old shoe-box method.

Anything that I'll have for trade form the pre-80's will most likely be in rough condition (bad corners, edges, maybe some pen marks on the back [my mother used to put my name or my brother's on the back so we souldn't fight over who's were who's. LOL], but the front will be a legible, decent card, useful for set building, not value). I would expect like cards in trade. I will work towards bettering my cards in my collection at some time, but that will be secondary to fillinf sets.

I got out of the hobby in the mid 90's and am just now getting back into it, so please bear with me and have patience as I learn the ropes. It looks like this is a great site and I look forward to making many new friends on here ad making even (or most likely against my favor) trades with everyone on here to try and fill my PC.

Thanks and I look forward to having Fun!

- Kurt -

welcome and u have come to the right place so tell ur Card buddies to come on down and enjoy the great community. And I am a set builder mysely maybe i could help u fulfill ur quest on getting some of those sets done hope to hear from yah HAPPY TRADING

Back