Here we go....

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
I thought the pick of a DE was stupid and is going to cause problems. Giants have stated they will not trade Osi but......

Source: Unhappy Osi thinks he's gone »

By Ralph Vacchiano

Osi Umenyiora may not be on the trading block, but the Giants may have a hard time getting him to believe that.

According to a source close to the disgruntled defensive end, Umenyiora wasn’t happy when the Giants drafted South Florida defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul with the 15th overall pick last night, and he took it as a sign that he’s likely to be traded. The source said the 28-year-old doesn’t understand how the Giants plan to use so many players at one position and believes he’ll be traded before camp begins.

Of course, Giants GM Jerry Reese insisted last night that “We’re not trading Osi” and both he and Tom Coughlin said they believed they’d have no problems with their current logjam at defensive end. Coughlin even called it a good problem to have and fired a warning shot across Umenyiora’s bow when asked about how he’d balance his crowded end rotation.

“Everybody has a chance to play,” Coughlin said. “Let’s go back to what we did a couple of years ago when we didn’t do a whole lot of talking. We played.”

Umenyiora, of course, has done a whole lot of talking this offseason and the source said he’s felt “embarrassed” by the Giants since he was benched last Thanksgiving. More recently he’s been attending the Giants’ offseason program and has slightly toned his rhetoric down. It’s not clear, though, how long that will continue, now that he thinks he’s on his way out of town.

By the way, Umenyiora is not alone. After the Giants made their first-round pick last night, Giants CB Terrell Thomas said, via his Twitter account, “Sad to say, but my man Osi is probably gone.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/04/source-unhappy-osi-thinks-hes.html#ixzz0lxKxPdBa

Sometimes you need to threaten a job or two to get everyone playing back to their peak form. If they don't get the message, their replacement is already at work.

Sometimes you need to threaten a job or two to get everyone playing back to their peak form. If they don't get the message, their replacement is already at work.

I hear ya but Osi was coming off a major knee injury last year and usually it takes a full season to get back to where you were prior to the season. I would expect that he will return to a high level this year and that is why this whole thing bothers me. Now he will either be a malcontent or force a trade. I hope neither happens.

Back