Held Hostage

gadsden86

Bench Warmer
So a guy over on TCC sends me a PM saying i hear you collect John beck.

So i say yea. He sends me a pic of a 2007 LL Rookie Numbers Patch auto #/5

So i get back to him asking what he is looking for as in trade amount or sale.
He tells me he wants 200 BV in trade or 60 cash/pp

I had lo laugh. Sent back to him saying that as a beck collector he was asking alot more that i was willing to give.

What d0 you guys think when someone holds a rare card over your head and asks a ton more than BV or makes up some crazy bv. I would love the card but cant give 200 bv.

Just got a 1/1 for under 30. :ban:

happened with the 2006 LCM Mirror Black Boller...its still on ebay from time to time, for more than $150 more than the seller bought it for...

i love people who think that just because you collect that it must sell well...in all honesty on ebay it might fetch like $20 for that beck...tell him if he is looking to sell it you are willing to bid on ebay, but you arent about to pay his asking price for a guy who hasnt seen the field this year and potentially never will again

True sliq. THanks.
Thier was a 07 absolute auto patch 1/5 beck that went unsold on ebay for 19.99

He hasnt gotten back to me so maybe i made him mad. Oh well be nice to have but i can deal.

It really does not matter what it would go for on ebay... It matters what you will pay for it.

If its too much let him sit on the card, its not like Beck is going to tear the league up soon.

I hate when people do this as well, but I have to admit that I did do this one time. When I was doing the Playoff Absolute mini helmet set in 2001 I had 1 bidding rival who would try and make it impossable for me to get anything at a decent price. When I decided to stop doing the set I had the only one left he nedded to complete his set. It was the Jim Kelly single signed mini helmet. I think there were only 10 of them. I held his feet to the fire to get it just for pissing me off all those years. He paid $500 for it. I refused to take a penny less from him. I would have sold it to anyone else for $200.

I hate when people do this as well, but I have to admit that I did do this one time. When I was doing the Playoff Absolute mini helmet set in 2001 I had 1 bidding rival who would try and make it impossable for me to get anything at a decent price. When I decided to stop doing the set I had the only one left he nedded to complete his set. It was the Jim Kelly single signed mini helmet. I think there were only 10 of them. I held his feet to the fire to get it just for pissing me off all those years. He paid $500 for it. I refused to take a penny less from him. I would have sold it to anyone else for $200.

holy douchebaggery...if someone was running me up on everything else i wouldnt cut them a break, but im doubting justin has run up the prices of things that dude is trying to get...

if beck was starting, maybe...

i mean i think i piss people off all the time when i put offers in on Bollers, but christ, just because they are selling for 1/10 of what they were, dont expect me to pay what you spent and more to get it...

right now there is a boller that i would typically bid on, i dont know if i bid or not last time it was up, but it sold for like $7 shipped, guy has it up, less than 2 weeks later, up for $20 :roflmao:

Yea he got back to me and said i'll holdit for now. So i just said ok lmk if you change your mind.

Oh well plenty of other becks out thier to get with my hard earned money. :)

He's cracked,I paid $50 for my 08' Henne #patch/auto rc when they came out and I saw 1 sell for $25 a couple weeks ago I would have bought but I fell a sleep on the couch waiting for it.
HenneLimited-0001.jpg

Back