I had another great Vince Carter mailday for my pc. Heres a list of what I got-

01/02 Fleer Maximum-Maximum Power Jersey
02/03 Fleer Ultra Jersey
02/03 Hoops Hot Materials Jersey
02/03 Fleer Premium-Premium Jersey
03/04 Fleer Ultra Roundball Jersey
05/06 SPX Winning Materials Dual Jersey
06/07 Ultimate Collection Dual Jersey #11/25

Pics will be up very soon. Still have more Vince Carter to come as well. Proud to be a freak. Keep the Vinsanity comin baby. LMK What you think. Thanks

are you kidding!! He has a much better team now than he ever did in toronto bro. Funny how the Nets beat the Raptors like they do in the playoffs

Tarheels(2005) said:
are you kidding!! He has a much better team now than he ever did in toronto bro. Funny how the Nets beat the Raptors like they do in the playoffs

His team is better no doubt (but not by that much), much more scoring threats with him, but his reputation is ruined if you followed him from the start. The Nets beat the Raptors by a hair, the series was decided by one play. Vince was and is a good player, but I wouldn't consider him GREAT. He whines alot (not to mention leaving games over simple "injuries"), is known to get lazy on defense, doesn't put %100 into playing hard. Alot of times he's really apathetic and he really disrespected his home team by not trying to play. He has the dunks, has the outside range and can drive to the bucket, but he doesn't have the heart of a player like say Garnett. He does good for charity, that I respect him for. As a player though, he turned out to be a jerk.

I dont think his "image was destroyed" when he left Toronto...I think his image took a shot when he started doing more than JUST dunking....the fans alienated him becasue he wanted to improve his overall game....you cant dunk like he did early in his career forever....he is still an amazing player but because he's not the flashy dunk in your face EVERY time down the court, he has lost his "luster"

He is STILL an amazing player....and the BEST player to come out of UNC besides MJ

ac-n-mike said:
I dont think his "image was destroyed" when he left Toronto...I think his image took a shot when he started doing more than JUST dunking....the fans alienated him becasue he wanted to improve his overall game....you cant dunk like he did early in his career forever....he is still an amazing player but because he's not the flashy dunk in your face EVERY time down the court, he has lost his "luster"

He is STILL an amazing player....and the BEST player to come out of UNC besides MJ

lol no it has nothing to do with the dunks. Toronto fans didn't care that much about him dunking or not. Why do you think they booed him soo much?
Seems like you guys aren't aware of his effort situation that stained his reputation (I watched every game since his rookie season up to him leaving the Raptors and trust me it was crystal clear at times):
"Vince Carter's former teammates were dismayed Friday after hearing him admit he didn't always try his hardest when he played for the Toronto Raptors.

In an interview broadcast Thursday on TNT, network analyst John Thompson asked Carter if he pushed himself as hard as he should have in Toronto.

"In years past, no," said Carter, acquired by the New Jersey Nets on Dec 17. "I was fortunate to have the talent ... you get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it.

Toronto guard Morris Peterson was shocked when he watched the interview on television.

"It caught me off guard, being a professional player that's something I always pride myself on," Peterson said. "I can sleep better at night knowing I give it everything I can."

"You could tell he wasn't playing his best," Peterson said.

The fact that you didn't know this Tarheels tells me you didn't watch enough of his games with the Raps.

Back