Basketball Gooden Re-signs with the Cavs

Yeah but why do they always take Shaq out in the final seconds of a close game. Because he cant make a foul shot to save his life. Gooden is a better score, better rebounder and is stronger and just better. Jefries has made like two good play in his career, and they both came this year. He is sorry.

If Jeffries was truly better he would have been the one to sign the bigger contract, And the only reason Jared got that much is because Isiah Thomas does not have a clue how to run a team.

WildThing17 said:
If Jeffries was truly better he would have been the one to sign the bigger contract, And the only reason Jared got that much is because Isiah Thomas does not have a clue how to run a team.

What did you ever think that its part players fault too? The talent is there but its the self centered minded players that ruined that team. Larry Brown won a NBA title and took his team back to game 7 of the finals the following year. Joe Dumars fired him because he was concearned with other jobs when he should have been focused about the upcoming playoff games first. Larry Brown is not a bad coach, its those self centered players on the knicks. Yes Isiah over paid some of them, but its not his fault that those players didn't listen to Larry Brown. Its players like Marbury, Nate Robinson, and Crawford who failed to give Larry Brown 100% respect. Billups gave brown 100% respect, and thats why he is an Top 5 NBA point gaurd. If you don't have trust in any of your PG's then how are you going to run a team? Isiah had no way of knowing that. Yes he made some bad decisions on signing and trading players but he was doing what was best for the team at the time. If eddy curry would have averaged 20 and 10 last year, everyone would feel different about isiah right now.

I actually never even thought of the Eddy Curry deal. I was thinkig about trying to play Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, and Stephon Marbury on the same team. Even though I like Jalens game they are all cancerous to every team they have ever been on. No one could have made that team work. I mean no one in the history of coaching or even breathing on this earth. Larry aint a bad coach but he isnt great either. He lead one team to NBA team to a title and was always thinking about his next stop. No how do you expect a selfish coach to coach selfish player. It aint gonna work. And Detroit was a good team to begin with all the players where there they just needed Rasheed and someone to tell them to play the hard nosed defense that brought them there shrot lived glory.

Edit: But throw the Curry and now the Jeffries deal Isiah is a even bigger loser as a president of a team.

WildThing17 said:
I actually never even thought of the Eddy Curry deal. I was thinkig about trying to play Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, and Stephon Marbury on the same team. Even though I like Jalens game they are all cancerous to every team they have ever been on. No one could have made that team work. I mean no one in the history of coaching or even breathing on this earth. Larry aint a bad coach but he isnt great either. He lead one team to NBA team to a title and was always thinking about his next stop. No how do you expect a selfish coach to coach selfish player. It aint gonna work. And Detroit was a good team to begin with all the players where there they just needed Rasheed and someone to tell them to play the hard nosed defense that brought them there shrot lived glory.

Edit: But throw the Curry and now the Jeffries deal Isiah is a even bigger loser as a president of a team.

Short lived glory? 4 straight trips to the confernce finals? Man who are you compairing them too? Not many teams have accomplished that feat. City of cleveland would kill for something like that. Odds are still greatly in their favor to make it a 5th straight. Detroit is in the top 5 all time in playoff apperences, and are about to tie New york for forth next year. Only Boston, LA, and Philly has made more appearences.

Cleveland Cavaliers (until they got Lebron) were probably one of the worst storied franchises in all of sports. They rank right up their with the Clippers, Lions, and (cant think of a solid sucky NHL team.) Just because Cleveland made the playoffs this year, doesn't mean they are going to be the best team in the league next year. Theres more to a team, then Lebron James and anderson varajeo coming off of the bench.

Larry Brown will be an HOF coach in NCAA basketball, and in the NBA. He is top 5 all time greatest coach. He's not a selfish coach, he does it his way and his way only. Thats how he teaches. He made many players better from Danny Manning, to allen iverson, eric snow, and billups. To call him a so/so coach is an understatment by far. He had players that DID NOT want to listen to him, and thats why his fate was sealed. What would you do? Move on with a new coach? Or make the players who didn't want to listen pay? They did what was best for their team, and move on with the quickest solution.

So you are saying that as much as the Knicks were paying Larry Brown he had no say on who they brought in? He thought he was a basketball mastermind and could make any team make the playoffs. Wrong he failed he had the talen but he could not lead them. If you can corral AI and not Stephon there is a problem. Iverson was a more selfish player than Marbury could ever imagine being. Now he was forced out of Detroit, forced out of NY, the two best franchises he has ever coached for kicked him to the curb. And like you said they made it to the finals twice in a row with Larry then they force him out something is wrong with the coach in this situation.

And Josh I just realized why we have these diffrences. You are from Michigan and more than likely are a Wolverines fan, and I am from Ohio and a die hard Buckeye fans. So there is another reason I hate Detroit it is in Michigan.

2 different problems and 2 different situations. I don't think Larry Brown had a lot to say, he had some, but not a lot. It was a bad situation all around in new york. Larry need at least 2 more years there and the knicks would have been a new team.

Also, with Ohio state playing as the preseason #1 and at Texas this year, I don't think they have any SHOT at winning anything. Michigan has failed the last couple years because of being ranked top 3 in the preseason polls. People head hunt because of that.. Its extra motivation.

I can see teams like Wisconsin Iowa and Minnesota sneaking in a win on Ohio State.

I do say Ohio State SHOULD beat michigan this year, because its in columbus.

Ohio State has no proven D at all right now.

I have also read that with michigan being ranked so high, that they are a dangerous sleeper. It could be very likely for Michigan going in to columbus undefeated. An ESPN expect did a story on that already.. Michigan is his pick for the national title, just simply because they have the talent and are out of the spotlight somewhat. Everyone thinks they won't do jack.

Jeffreis doesn't need that much. He isn't that great and Gooden just got way to overpaid......The cavs just signed scott pollard so he won't get that much playing time...

ewils990

Back