FREAKIN FREAK BATMAN! Huge Pick ups from card Show!!!

bluebug73

Bench Warmer
so my cousin and i went to the card show this weekend in Charlottesville (VA)
sat down at a table with a little old lady and man and they were selling many singles from several 6 row boxes for $5.00 each or 3 for $10.00.

After lookin and picking out several the lady makes the comment, "Buy 100 or more and there .25c each........":confused6:

Looking at each other were like yea, thats a great price why not, lets each get 50 and pay like 13 bucks for 50 each, thats a helluva deal right?,,,, you have no idea....Look at all of these cards i picked up for 25 thats right 25 CENTS EACH!!!!!!

picks of them all are in the first two pages of my buckett, im still in shock...

Kevin Kouzmanoff 07 Fleer Ultra Lucky 13 RC Auto/499
Kevin Kouzmanoff 07 SP RC Edition RC Auto
Torii Hunter 07 UD Star Signings Auto
Joel Zumaya 08 Topps Auto
Dallas Braden 08 Topps Auto PC
Ubaldo Jimenez 08 Topps Auto! PC
Chris Carpenter Clear cut elements Auto/ 350 07 ud Elements
Travis Harner Clear Cut Elements auto/199 07ud elements
Victor Martinez Clear Cut Elements Auto/350 07 ud Elements
Jered Weaver 07 Fleer Ultra auto/150
Travis Hafner 07 Fleer Ultra Auto/499 (x2)
Bronson Arroyo 07 Elements Auto (x2)
Felipe Paulino 08 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor Auto/200
Kyle Drabek 07 Bowman Auto
Reggie Abercrombie 06 Bowman RC Auto
Reggie Abercrombie 06 topps 52 RC auto
Jose Contreras 06 Ovations Spotlight Auto
Cliff Lee RC SPx Auto 2/225 ! PC
Drew Stubs 08 Threads Gridiron Kings auto/465
Elvis Andrus 08 Threads RC Auto/749 (x2)!
07 Bowman Corey Luebke rc auto
Justin Upton 07 Bowman RC Xfractor/299
Anam Lind 08 Topps opening day auto
Yadier Molina 06 Ovation Spotlight auto (x2)
Ryan Garko Just minors jusatifiable auto
Rollie Fingers (Padres) UD game jersey
Mark Mulder 07 Fleer Ultra Ultra auto/319
Mike Stanton 08 Elite Aspirations REd /75 die cut RC !
Ryan Zimmerman Heritage Bat GU
BILL RIPKEN "F@#K Face" Error card! PC
Jose Canseco 2000 SP Authentic Chirography Auto (autos always sell good)

Ronnie Browm 09 Threads 3 color patch /50 PC
Andre Ware 05 Playoff Honors Auto/300

how bout them apples.... all of that just listed above for 13 bucks i paid! YES SIR! all day !:party3:

the trade bait buckett is restocked!

I would be interested in the Carpenter and the Molina check my bucket
http:s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo359/Jerryjtj
plmk jerry

Dacubs? said:
wow...you musta been grinning ear to ear

AND ITS FUNNY CAUSE the LCS shop I EVEN WORK for had tables set up Literally right beside this couple,,, the guys were so mad when i showed them my haul, im like, tough, i spent the last hour lookin through every single six row she had, I have no sympathy, i got to show 3 hours late, they had all the time in the world... id say its 50/50 that people actually take the time to look at most shows (as opposed to just asking a dealer for specific needs) I personally love the "search" reminds me of my first days at shows in this hobby in the late 80's.

bluebug73 said:
AND ITS FUNNY CAUSE the LCS shop I EVEN WORK for had tables set up Literally right beside this couple,,, the guys were so mad when i showed them my haul, im like, tough, i spent the last hour lookin through every single six row she had, I have no sympathy, i got to show 3 hours late, they had all the time in the world... id say its 50/50 that people actually take the time to look at most shows (as opposed to just asking a dealer for specific needs) I personally love the "search" reminds me of my first days at shows in this hobby in the late 80's.

That's the reason I stopped setting up at shows. I found you can get better deals digging through cheapo boxes and flipping them on eBay than selling cards at a table.

BRETT you are exactly right, half the time the people dont enen remember who they have in their big boxes and most times when they put the dollar cards in there they were nobody prospects,, look at them now. i think that couple at that table sold more haveing dollar/5 dollar boxes then other dealers that just had sweet inserts and no boxes to look through

Back