Hockey Former Upper Deck PR Director Joins Leaf

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Leaf Press Release:

Former Upper Deck Public Relations Director Terry Melia has joined Leaf Trading Cards as PR, Marketing and Social Media Manager.

“I could not be more excited to add Terry Melia to the Leaf team,” said Brian Gray, President of Leaf Trading Cards. “With a renewed focus on communication with our customers, consumers and the media at large, this addition is clearly a huge win for Leaf and its dealers.”

Melia, an avid autograph collector, possesses more than 23 years of experience in the trading card and memorabilia industry. Prior to landing at Upper Deck in 1998, he helped launch Beverly Hills-based Trading Cards Magazine in 1991 and served as its editor for five years. He also kicked off a sister publication entitled The Encyclopedia of Sports Memorabilia and Price Guide.

Melia’s nearly 14-year tenure at Upper Deck started in the Public Relations department as the company’s Hobby Media Manager and came full circle when he was named PR Manager in late 2007. In between, he served vital roles in content acquisitions, e-commerce, and web content management.

“I’m extremely excited to be back in the industry and working for Brian Gray and Leaf Trading Cards,” said Melia. “By combining Brian’s creative innovations with my media pitching prowess, I’m confident Leaf will be making a bigger impact on the hobby as well as mainstream America in short order.”

This is interesting. In the grand scheme of things, who has the upper hand in the market as far as market share goes? I instinctually would guess Upper Deck but that comes from limited knowledge and trying to learn.

I would be interested in seeing how you would rank the top 5 or 6 card companies. I imagine some have strengths in certain sports as well as weaknesses. If you have time Randy, I would love your take on it as well as other experienced people here.

One more reason for asking is I have Topps, Topps Stadium, Leafs, Fleer, Fleer Ultra, Pinnacle, and Upper Deck for baseball cards. A ranking may help me prioritize which ones to separate out first and so on....

Back