Favorite Features

Yeah, I like that. but I think it would be awesome if there was an option on the chat list that had one big chat room where everyone could be in at once. get what im saying? Cause i would hate not being able to talk to everyone at once in a chat room

The chat rooms would be built in to the chat bar, so anyone who wanted to join could join, while still browsing other areas of the site.

I understand that. But if you go onto a site for example they have the chats on the page right once you go on where everyone can chat
I think it would be better to make a chat room where every member online can chat at once so that we can all type to each other in one chat room

I understand that. But if you go onto a site for example they have the chats on the page right once you go on where everyone can chat
I think it would be better to make a chat room where every member online can chat at once so that we can all type to each other in one chat room

I think one of us is confused, and it might be me. To me, it sounds like you're describing exactly what I'm talking about. :LOL:

hahaha
okay
go to sidelinesportscards.com (sorry if you dont allow posting of other sites, just trying to show you)
and look at there chat box, how everybody can chat at once.
I think we should have a option where we could chat like that

go to sidelinesportscards.com (sorry if you dont allow posting of other sites, just trying to show you)

This is definitely allowed. One of the unique things about TCZ is that we do understand that we aren't the only trading card site on the internet, nor do we ever expect to become the only one. Other sites think that by not allowing members to talk/post about other sites it somehow makes them disappear, or non-existent. That is not the case here. ;)

and look at there chat box, how everybody can chat at once.
I think we should have a option where we could chat like that

When I go to their site I don't see a chat box, but I'm assuming what you're talking about is a generic "shout box" that displays at the top of the page above the forums. If that is the case, then I honestly don't think you'll ever see that here, unless there is a huge uprising from our members requesting it. In my opinion it is very "ugly" and makes the site look very crowded, at least at the top. It's also possible that there will be members who do not care to have it there at all. I guess one way to get around that would be to put a chat box on its own page, but then members would have to have multiple windows open to chat and browse. With our implementation you'll be able to browse every page on the site without ever missing any of the conversation in the chat room.

Yeah thats what it is, but I am saying like how you want the facebook type chat. Could you ever possibly make an group in it that would include any member that comes online? so we could chat on that like the shout box one

Yeah thats what it is, but I am saying like how you want the facebook type chat. Could you ever possibly make an group in it that would include any member that comes online? so we could chat on that like the shout box one

That's what our plan would do. The facebook-type chat would be included in a chat bar at the bottom of the page, where you could chat only with your friends. Included in that same bar, though, would be a chat room, where any members who wanted to chat could pop in and do just that. Unless there is a fairly high demand for a shout box, I don't feel like we should push one on people. Our solution would allow members the option of simply not loading the chat rooms if they didn't want to join those conversations, while still be able to chat with their friends 1 on 1.

I know. I like that but. would there be a way to make an option. Say an option as a friend that would include every single person online into the room. like a shout box just in the facebook type chat? I like talking to everyone at once

when will chat be available?

Chances are it will be available at some point within this week, but don't hold me strictly to that time frame. I still need to run some tests on the test server to make sure the integration goes smoothly and that it's going to be what we're looking for. I'd hate to get it installed then it turn out to not be what we want.

Chances are it will be available at some point within this week, but don't hold me strictly to that time frame.

Ok, so I got home and had some extra time and decided to give it a test run on the test server today. It went so smoothly there that I decided to give it a try here. Y'all let me know what you think. We'll add some more things into the bar before all is said and done too.

Remember, you can only chat with people in your friend list here on TCZ. The only exception is that you can chat in the chatrooms. When you join a chat room, it will automatically display the last 15 messages from the chat.

Back