Football Faulk expected to announce retirement

rynesandbergfan23

Bench Warmer
(March 22, 2007) -- Marshall Faulk is expected to announce his retirement from the NFL at a press conference March 26 at the NFL's annual meeting in Phoenix.

Faulk issued the following statement, "It has been an honor and pleasure to play in the National Football League. I'd like to thank all my teammates and coaches with whom I've been associated over the past 13 seasons as well as the fans who supported me throughout the years. I gave the game my passion, and it gave me a wonderful career and memories that I will always be thankful for."

In NFL history, Faulk is No. 9 all-time in career rushing yards (12,279) and tied for sixth in rushing touchdowns (100). In 2000, he was named the league's MVP after setting an NFL single-season record with 26 touchdowns.

After a stellar career with San Diego State, he played his first five seasons in the NFL with the Indianapolis Colts. After a blockbuster trade to St. Louis in 1999, he helped lead his new team to a Super Bowl title in his first season with the Rams. He also was a three-time Associated Press Offensive Player of the Year.

Back