eBay Sellers are always honest... right?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
This is the kind of seller/listing that makes me sick.

The original listing (this auction was ended) has the title:

Dale Earnhardt Sr. autograph Eclipse Press Pass 038/250

Starting bid of $9.99 (Reserve NOT Met).. and a BIN of $250.00 (click on the original posting link)

Seriously? This guy handles alot of "other sports" cards... so I would have to assume he knows a REPRINT from an original.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dale-Earnhardt-Sr-autograph-Eclipse-Press-Pass-038-250/161333929197

Last edited by a moderator:
By reading the back of the card, how would anyone know that wasn't an original autographed card? Unless I'm blind, it doesn't say it's a reprint, and twice on the back says autographed card, so pretty hard to blame someone for not knowing when he died. Am I missing where it says reprinted card?

look at the back of the card... it shows a picture of the original card dated 2001.

Big letters on the front saying it is a 10th Anniversary card.

look at the back of the card... it shows a picture of the original card dated 2001.

Big letters on the front saying it is a 10th Anniversary card.

That card is 100% deceitful by Press Pass. Nowhere on there does it say it's a facimile autograph, or reprint, and just because you, and I, and other hard corp racing card collectors are in the knowledge of when he died, and when the card was produced, doesn't mean the casual card collector looking for a Dale Sr auto would realize that. The seller removed the auction. How is he being dishonest? If he was dishonest, that auction would still be running. Right? Also, all of his other listings appear hockey, so maybe they aren't as nascar knowledgeable, as you ASSUME them to be?

Last edited:
That card is 100% deceitful by Press Pass. Nowhere on there does it say it's a facimile autograph, or reprint, and just because you, and I, and other hard corp racing card collectors are in the knowledge of when he died, and when the card was produced, doesn't mean the casual card collector looking for a Dale Sr auto would realize that. The seller removed the auction. How is he being dishonest? If he was dishonest, that auction would still be running. Right? Also, all of his other listings appear hockey, so maybe they aren't as nascar knowledgeable, as you ASSUME them to be?
I would agree with you that the card isn't well produced and could be considered deceitful by Press Pass. I understand what they are trying to do...but since the entire front and back of the original card is pictured (and the original says "certified authentic autographed race card") one would think Press Pass would have made it clear that this is a "reprint" auto or something. But, they do not.

Personally, I dislike this whole "remake old card" issue we are seeing today. Upper Deck is doing it a lot too...although not to this degree. But, we are seeing 1993 SP, 1994 UD "throwback" designs being used. I wish they could just be creative and come up with new good designs rather than living in the past. But, I'm sure this way is way cheaper.

I see sellers all the time advertise "non auto refractor RC" and the card is a BASE card- NO auto NO refractor and NOT an RC. Under Ebay TOS that is keyword spamming. When you point it out to the seller you get STFU and mind your own business. And report to Ebay, they do not take it off. Wastes a lot of my time. I wish you could BLOCK those sellers from search results, at the very least!

Yeah, that really can be annoying. Generally, I've found that most eBay sellers really are honest. Except for one guy who was trying to sell an A-Rod. 1/1 refractor for $10,000,000. I wish I was kidding.

Back