Football Don't care or not paying attn?

_CJ_

Bench Warmer
I was looking at some boxes on the bay and checked to see what they have been going for. I am in shock at how many people overpay for the $20 retail box that come from Target, Wally world etc. I can understand if people are far away from any store and overpay a few buck's but check a couple of these out:

$20 box for $65???
eBay: 2006 Topps Turkey Red Factory Sealed Box HOT!! (item 280066575591 end time Jan-05-07 20:06:27 PST)

$20 box for $79?????
eBay: 2006 topps chrome football factory sealed box (item 140069775807 end time Jan-06-07 11:04:36 PST)

I can't believe how many of these there are and they state retail box!.:eek:

Ya, I cant believe that a shop tries to sell a hobby box for $80 and you can get them for $45 dlvd.??Maybe we need to goto wally world and stock up for ebay.Then go to ebay and start our own shop.

That's exactly what I just told the wife!:D
If I knew I could make that much off of them with a guarantee I'd quit my day job...

Here is the diffrence I do think.

These are boxes that are factory sealed and sent right from the factory.

The $20 Boxes you find at Target, K-Mart, and wherever are Retail.

If you go into any card shop these peices on ebay are about right.

Those same boxes sealed from the factory are at the retail stores and have the company logos on them, so whats the difference? I just picked up a Topps Chrome and the box of Heritage yesterday and both had the factory seal.:confused:

_CJ_ said:
Those same boxes sealed from the factory are at the retail stores and have the company logos on them, so whats the difference? I just picked up a Topps Chrome and the box of Heritage yesterday and both had the factory seal.:confused:

Not sure why they do this, however the Boxes you buy at the Target's, K-Mart's, wallmart's and so on are reital and cost about $20

Where as if you walk into a Card shop you will get a Hobby box as they are called for a lot more money but you will probally get something more and better than the Retail boxe's. I did not know the diffrence till i finally did some research.

The problem with eBay auction 280066575591 is that is only says how many packs are in a Retail box, not that the auction IS for a retail box. I had an issue a couple of years ago with this seller and 2004 Topps boxes. He doesn't come right and say you are buying a retail box.

So it's called Marketing! Don't show a pic of the box, put a bunch of blah, blah info, slip in retail 8 pack and hope for the best. I know I've seen plenty of this stuff and because they don't read the stuff, they end up paying $500 for a box that a xbox 360 came in and then get mad. Just amazes me.

Heres another $20 box for $49 eBay: 2006 TOPPS CHROME NFL FOOTBALL CARDS SEALED FACTORY BOX (item 330069769544 end time Jan-03-07 20:06:58 PST) and this is the kind of box I bought yesterday and even shows the pic ( notice box has Walmart on it and the " WE HAVE 16 BOXES LEFT IN STOCK AND WE ARE TOLD THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE " :rolleyes: ). What is the matter with people!:D

I just started collecting FB in October - I was taken by a few of jkgill auctions and was quite disappointed to receive blaster boxes. :( But hey I learned my lesson really quick.

I think a lot of the sellers know exactly how misleading they are being - as you said its intentional marketing; others are prolly just to darn stupid.

You got to be very carefull.

If you want good boxes that can be trusted i think you all need to go to pathners (ryan) from this board or your local card shop.

Back