Done

Brilliant job Mike. Nothing more satisfying than finishing a set - well, only it being such a great set like that. Hats off to you. Rest that weary wallet now for at least a week;)

Now that deserves to be in the weekly thingy

Great job

We need to here "the rest of the Story" on your set, how long it took, cheapest find, most costly, why you attempted it etc. etc..

Now that deserves to be in the weekly thingy

Great job

We need to here "the rest of the Story" on your set, how long it took, cheapest find, most costly, why you attempted it etc. etc..

almost 2 or a little over 2 years to build.

I had raw issue of the Namath since I was a kid, first card I submitted, $150+ card I got for the submission fee

One of the top cards in the set is the Dick Butkus, submitted it through Beckett got a 7.5, sold to Timonohan for Zeeck's Christmas giveaway. Zeeck crossed it to PSA got a 7. Got it back from Zeeck in a trade for a bunch of stuff, and then resubmitted it and got an 8. $200.00+ card typically in an 8.

Got the Gayle Sayers on a $100.00 Bin card typically goes for $150.00+

Piccolo I got for $130.00 and that was a deal, and Csonka was $102.00 which are great deals for both of their rookies.

Got hosed on the Tarkenton, got it for like $130.00 now probably goes for less than half that.

Many other stories to be told, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Back