Football Dolphins and Chiefs dealing for Green

rynesandbergfan23

Bench Warmer
The Dolphins and Chiefs are currently waiting to see which party blinks in terms of reaching agreement on compensation to finalize a Trent Green trade (the Dolphins were originally offering a seventh-round pick; the Chiefs wanted a second-rounder). Barring an unexpected change, like Green deciding he wants to pursue playing in Cleveland, I expect him to land with the Dolphins. There is a risk in obtaining Green. Never known for his athleticism even in his prime, Green will be 37 entering the season and struggled in 2006 after returning from a major concussion suffered in the opener against Cincinnati. But this trade makes sense on many levels, as Green is familiar with Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, quarterbacks coach Terry Shea and the offensive system the team will be running. Green also could be a solid transition starter for the next season or two if the Dolphins want to groom a quarterback selected in this year's draft.

Not too happy about all of this. Green has played very well for the chiefs for the past few years. Last year not his best, but I don't think he ever recovered mentally from the crazy blow he took. Huard played very well filling in for Green, but there is a reason he has beena career back up ......he is a very good back-up, but I am not so sure he can handle being a 16 game starter.....I guess time will tell

I hope the Dolphins do not give up more than a 6th for Green. We could get him for a 7th. If we do not trade for him, he will be cut and we will sign him.

bhelser said:
Not too happy about all of this. Green has played very well for the chiefs for the past few years. Last year not his best, but I don't think he ever recovered mentally from the crazy blow he took. Huard played very well filling in for Green, but there is a reason he has beena career back up ......he is a very good back-up, but I am not so sure he can handle being a 16 game starter.....I guess time will tell

I agreebut how long will he sstart before Croyle takes over??

flea said:
I agreebut how long will he sstart before Croyle takes over??

Never been a big fan of Croyle, I just don't think he has 'it' I can't really see him being much of a NFL QB. I think he has the ability and skill but not the football knowledge.

green could give my dolphins some stability at the qb spot, but i worry how much we are losing by giving up on culpepper too soon ? but maybe dante will never be the same? i would like marino back please :)

Back